Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I painted them before but left the bottom chrome, but after looking you couldn't really tell they were black. So I took them apart again and sprayed the whole headlight black, leaving the middle chrome strip. I didn't want too much black. This is the last time I am taking these apart. My next DIY will be to paint fogs black.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I dont but I have a day off from work tommarrow and Ill probable do that headlight project then. Take some pictures and hopefully get them up tomm afternoon

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kool I want to see that black with white trim with the CV. I'm liking that look, Good Luck with the project it shouldn't be hard. Take some pictures

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you think it would be a bad idea to paint the entire inside light housing black?? I figured my headlight visability will go down by removing all the reflection/chrome but by how much??? Ive seen other people paint the entire inside of the headlight removing all the chrome.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Do you think it would be a bad idea to paint the entire inside light housing black?? I figured my headlight visability will go down by removing all the reflection/chrome but by how much??? Ive seen other people paint the entire inside of the headlight removing all the chrome.
Paint the reflector? I think you'll be needing night vision goggles.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Anyways started "trying" to seperate the lenses from the housing without any luck. I used the heat gun method and from about 10 mins and those suckers still wouldnt seperate. I was heatinging it to the point where I was almost melting the clips and the black sealent glue was not melting. I dont know what they used in their but those puppies are not coming apart.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Anyways started "trying" to seperate the lenses from the housing without any luck. I used the heat gun method and from about 10 mins and those suckers still wouldnt seperate. I was heatinging it to the point where I was almost melting the clips and the black sealent glue was not melting. I dont know what they used in their but those puppies are not coming apart.

You should start with one side. Heat with a stroking motion, don't stay on one spot. After get two flathead screwdrivers, stick one into the crease and use the other to kind of pry apart but not hard enough to crack lense. When you start getting seperation, start moving across until you go around the whole lense. It takes time and patience, once apart the painting is easy. Let me know if you run into any problems. As far as the housing being painted as long as you leave the circles in the low and higbeams your ok. Don't paint the whole light or you will really get horrible light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts