Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new to the boards and just dumped an 07 Benz for a 05 300C I plan on fixing up. The Benz was slow as hell. I just couldnt take it any more.

Anyhow, Im a bit of an old fart, married 2 kids but feel the need for speed every once in a while and wanted to know for anyone who's got the Borla Aggressive exhaust system on their 300 C (not SRT) if its too loud in the cockpit?

Back in my 20's I had a Mustang GT with headers and exhaust and found that if I drove the car more than an hour I would end up with a migrane and didn't want to go to that extreme with the 300, particularly since the wife and young kids may drive in it from time to time.

Back then it was cool, migrane or not, but now Im too old and too stressed all the time to have the car vibrating the teeth out of my head.

So I ask, really, how is it on the inside with that exhaust and can anyone else recommend a decent exhaust setup for the 300C that will allow the car to grumble nicely without bothering the pasengers (and my neighbors) so much?

Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
get electric cutouts, stock quiet when ur fams in the car w/you, but u can open them up and be as loud as u want when they'r not. hehehehhe! but they are not performance enhancing:fing02:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems like a pretty cool idea. I was just checking them out.

I wonder if I should go with something like that or just a more mellow performance exhaust.

I just saw someone posted that they couldn't take their exhaust any more and swapped it out for a more mellow system. Maybe I'll look into that too.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
from what ive heard the corsa exhaust is quite while idle but has a growl when you hit the gas.

·
Registered
201 Posts
GO CORSA & U'LL Be Happy !

Hey, 2YUTES, Get yourself a CORSA catback and U will be Happy ! It is tuned for the 5.7L HEMI and will not give U a headache ! It sounds real good when U put the HAMMER down, but doesn't drone when you are cruisin' ! I have had one on my 2006 300C for 2 years and I am very pleased. :arms:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do the corsa's hang too low though?

my area is totally loaded with speed bumps and I don't want to have the exhaust torn off.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
2Yutes (love the name BTW), check out this thread: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/pe...-corsa-vs-magnaflow-srt8.html?highlight=corsa. This individual has a ton of great pics of the Corsa. As you can see, it's not low at all and the install is very easy.

If we can answer any other questions just let us know. We carry and sell the Corsa all day long and it is by far the most touted exhaust for both the 5.7L and 5.1L LX Models.

Talk to you soon,

John

do the corsa's hang too low though?

my area is totally loaded with speed bumps and I don't want to have the exhaust torn off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we can answer any other questions just let us know. We carry and sell the Corsa all day long and it is by far the most touted exhaust for both the 5.7L and 5.1L LX Models.

Talk to you soon,

John
I do have a question...since I plan on putting 2 or 3 grand into some immediate mods, can you cut me a break if I buy everything at one time?

Predator, exhaust, CAI, thermostat...some bolt on goodies...etc....

I've got some catching up to do.....

Also, does anyone here do more major mods like cams, headers, etc on their 300C's or is that overkill/waste of money per HP increase on these cars since they're pretty quick to begin with?

What are probably the best, most bang for the buck non-bolt on mods for the 5.7 hemi?

I kinda made a deal with my wife when we agreed (she made me do it) to get rid of "my baby" 88 Mustang GT when we had our first boy. I've missed that car ever since so now a few years have gone by and she's got her new mini van, now I get to play...

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
I do not have any experience withe the Corsa, and have heard great things. I went with Borla myself, as it has a great sound without sounding rediculous. As far as Mods, I can have done the basic bolt-ons listed in my sig. I will tell you that I love my Zex Nitrous. When done properly, gives a hell of a kick without undo wear or tear on the engine. I am into the system for about a grand, which translates to around $8.00 per HP added. I am planning on doing some major mods in the near future, starting with a level 3 tranny rebuild, with many of the items you mentioned. I am told all-in-all not to expect more than about 70-80 additional RWHP without going to a supercharger. However, it will beef up my engine and drive train so I can add a much larger hit of the N2O. Not sure if this helps at all and figured I would chime in. Take care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
there is no way around drone.

anytime you upsize the piping of a system and add a performance muffler your are going to get drone. i know there are brands out there that say that they are droneless, but the true only way to stay droneless is staying stock. performance exhaust has this characteristic its just part of the performance world.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
anytime you upsize the piping of a system and add a performance muffler your are going to get drone. i know there are brands out there that say that they are droneless, but the true only way to stay droneless is staying stock. performance exhaust has this characteristic its just part of the performance world.
Corsa is noted to be better then the stock system in regards to drone, the stock system has drone especially if your driving at 55-60 mph

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I feel you on the selling of the '88 GT. We had one as well, but ended up selling it. It was much quicker than my current car...grrrrr...I loved that car :( oh well.....

Of course we'll strike you a deal. Shoot me over a PM with your contact info. and we'll go from there.

Talk to you soon,

John

I do have a question...since I plan on putting 2 or 3 grand into some immediate mods, can you cut me a break if I buy everything at one time?

Predator, exhaust, CAI, thermostat...some bolt on goodies...etc....

I've got some catching up to do.....

Also, does anyone here do more major mods like cams, headers, etc on their 300C's or is that overkill/waste of money per HP increase on these cars since they're pretty quick to begin with?

What are probably the best, most bang for the buck non-bolt on mods for the 5.7 hemi?

I kinda made a deal with my wife when we agreed (she made me do it) to get rid of "my baby" 88 Mustang GT when we had our first boy. I've missed that car ever since so now a few years have gone by and she's got her new mini van, now I get to play...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I find that I can reduce the drone in town by manually managing the shifts. If you keep RPMs at about 3,000, there is little drone - just a nice cool muscle sounds, at highway speeds my magna flow cat back with 3 inch mid pipes has a cool sound, but not drone (add a CAI, and you have the best sound out there, and a 475hp beast). Put on a little cruisin music and you are good to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Borla Agressive

I had the Borla Agressive system fitted dont go there it drones and where i live the cops loved id so i just have the standard Borla system a nice note at w.o.t and no drone

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a magnaflow exhaust system as well. i know that sound is subjective so what i like doesnt mean everyone is going to like it. but i love the sound when im on it merging or just cruising through town. if i have drone i love the way it sounds. personally to me the louder the better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts