Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had it installed last night...after about 50 miles...Love the sound, but not nearly as loud as I thought it would be. It's more of a low rumble than a growl. You can hear the MDS running, but it doesn't sound all that bad...very quiet, and I only notice it when coasting or light pedal pressure at speed. In fact, now that I hear it, the MDS runs a lot more than I thought. It seems to pull harder; maybe it is making the 11whp they claim, especially through the upper rpm range where the power band used to peak a bit before shifting. Overall a great kit. came with all the hardware, and took about 2 hours to install. I do wish the tips were perfectly round though....they are ever so slightly oval shaped which made lining them up and then getting them centered a total pain in the ass for the shop...to their credit, they did an outstanding job, and it looks great. Hopefully I'll get some pics of it up soon. Sorry, still no camcorder for the videos, unless there's a member in the DC area who can help with it. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Based on your comments, it doesn't look like they noticeably improve performance? I would buy them in a flash if they did.
Sure wish someone could confirm air intake and/or exhaust system mods really make a performance difference.
Still waiting and hoping.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Joey - he said it feels like it pulls harder, that maybe it DOES add the 11HP they claim. 11 HP isn't a bunch, but if you want more sound then you'll need to do something aftermarket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
borla

I got it from the www.PerformanceCenter.com link that was posted on this site. paid aaround $800, plus about $68 shipping. It was backordered, and took about 3 weeks to get here. I had Midas in Manassas, VA do the install to the tune of $160. Worth every penny if you ask me...The sound keeps getting better. I'll get some pics up soon, especially of the mega huge factory exhaust (which I still haven't figured out what to do with yet)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's one...

I took some pics, but they didn't turn out too well due to lack of light, so i'll have to get em in the morning...In the meantime, here's the mondo huge factory exhaust we get with the C. Come on chrysler! Two pieces? Are you kidding? Sounds like a great way to make money to me. bad muffler? order the whole damn thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
joshmillslane said:
Come on chrysler! Two pieces? Are you kidding
Wow! Only 2 pieces. Is that right side rear muffler welded to the center "suitcase" mid muffler and the left side a bolt on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup...

Only two pieces...that's as far as you can break it down. Talk about a pain in the a$$. Why would they make the left side a bolt on, but not the right?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Holy Crap, can you imagine the size of the box that the exhaust has to come in. They learned that dumb azz idea from Mercedes-Benz - many Mercedes come with single piece Muffler/Resonator units. Not having a bolt-on right side piece like the left is stupid. Getting that main piece home after the install of the Borla must have been a pain. :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pain...

Yes, it was a major pain. Now my problem is...what the heck do I do with it? I can't even sell it on ebay because there's no way I can ship this thing...It's just too damn long! But on the upside of this whole fiasco...today on the ride home from work, the wife (Mrs. Anti-Car modification) grudgingly admitted that the new exhaust "sounds cool." Score one for me.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I would sell it with the understanding that I have to cut it. Any muffler shop can piece it back together with some bolt-on extensions or even re-weld it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally Pictures!

dirty car....new exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more pics...

That's all I have for now. If anyone needs any more, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great Josh!!!!!! Mine arrived in the mail this morning and cant wait to put it on. I am doing a base line Dyno tomorrow morning and then putting the exhaust on. Then will also be dynoing on Sat. morning to see the exact power increases (hopefully) Your pics have got me all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looks perfect. Your camera doesn't happen to do movies does it Josh? We'd all love to hear some audio clips of it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice exhaust man.....how do you rate the quality and are there any other companies that make one for the c?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called maganflow this past afternoon to confirm the exhaust for the 300 C and other 300 models. They said it should be in the hands of consumers by the end of October. They were unstable about a specific price by were very confident that it would be under one thousand dollars. The specific gain of the magnaflow exhaust could be upwards of 12 ponies and 15 pounds of torque according to the sales rep...

Only time shall tell....

Dave
Chicago

Sumo est leno pater...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts