Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've finally gotten round to fitting the Borla "quiet" system to the Hemi, purely to unleash a few decibels of that lovely, awesome V8 thunder, lol. :)

Around town at low throttle it is almost as quiet as the standard exhaust but when you open it up.... oh, what a lovely sound. The mpg took a slight knock after installation though - as I was looking for excuses to floor it just to hear that symphony... :twak: :pat:

Absolutely none of the "drone" that our 'merkin cousins seem to report from time to time with various systems.

Am I happy?....... :biggrin: :biggrin: (Says it all!)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
how much? and where from.lol,oh and whereabouts in the rev range does it start to be throaty,cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starts to get a bit throaty at anything over 2000rpm and 1/3 throttle Ray. :)
I got it from USAutomotive in England, got a trade discount from them and they only charged me £10 postage to Morayshire which I thought was pretty amazing. Came very well boxed and fitted perfectly although I had to do a bit of adjusting with the back boxes (loosen clamps and turn slightly) to get the tailpipes perfectly aligned with the rear bumper cutouts. Total cost was £533.10.

CSand78, if that's the "quiet" system then it is indeed the 140112. I believe the 140125 is the "loud" system, having no rear resonator boxes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Badger, thanks for the update!! That's the system that I've been looking at for a while. Thanks for the confirmation that the "drone" is minimal and that the sound is great!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts