Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang, anyone (or anybody know of anyone) used a Borla exhaust on their Hemi? Seriously considering this, as I feel the engine is just crying out to make its presence heard a bit more..... Not interested in Flowmaster, Blastin' Bobs etc, and I can get the Borla considerably cheaper (roughly £770 with all duties paid) than a Corsa.

I've trawled all the info I can find on this site, but no-one really seems to give a definitive answer on the relative levels (if any) of drone between the two Borla systems (140112 and 140125).....

Anyone care to comment?

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Borla doesn't seem to be real popular here it looks like. Most people seem to prefer the Corsa even though it's quite costly. With MDS the drone is what turns many away from brands.

Check this thread out - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/pe...ck-corsa-b-b-borla-zoomers-jba-magnaflow.html. Some have sound clips available in the links in the first post.

There are MANY other threads with sound clips here of all makes. Do a search and I'm sure it'll help you make a decision.

Bernie

·
Registered
461 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone do a performance zorst for the CRD and has anyone got one?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Ian, the only one I know of is the Startech one, bloody pricey though. However, the Startech brochure only lists one part number which makes me wonder whether the system is the same for the Hemi and CRD from the cat back?

Stef

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link Steph, they list both systems for the Hemi in the downloadable pdf pricelist but it's dated 2006. I'll email them and get an up-to-date price next week and a carriage quote. Crazy as it sounds, due to the money-grabbing nature of UK couriers for anything north of the Scottish central belt, I may still be cheaper importing from the land of Uncle Sam!!!
Did some more searching on the forum and found someone using the Blastin' Bob's tailpipes and claiming no drone.... it's a minefield!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL !
Some might say that "Shot" is what they ought to be...... :smashfrea

The whole idea is to have NO drone, so no I don't need a batallion of haggis-stranglers, teehee. Pipes have a time and a place, near my car is not that place, at this time! :)

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Are we talking agony bags here?...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL. Agony bags, not heard that one before. Like it.

"Pit yon haggis doon, laddie, can ye no' hear it's in pain?"
(And translated for the non-Scots..... "Put the haggis down sonny, I think it's in some pain, judging by the noise it's making")

Joking asides, I do actually like the pipes when played properly but there's a time and a place.

John, I remember a Strathclyde Police piping champion who took his pipes over to the Isle of Mull one year, maybe 6 years ago? They go across every year in October to assist with the road-closure orders for the Tour of Mull Rally. This lad came into the hotel bar playing, just as the local half-wits (Angus & Jimmy, the name says it all!!) had gone to the bar for a break, and he had the place in uproar. Angus & Jimmy quickly thought "We'll cash in on this" and tried to play along, but every time they picked up the current tune the piper immediately changed it, and when he broke into "Nelly the elephant" Angus & Jimmy sat down, red faced. Absolutely blooming priceless.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
LOL. Agony bags, not heard that one before. Like it.
Haha. My Dad used to call them that and he was born in Dunfirmlin!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Dunfermline - at one point capital of Scotland and where the body of Robert the Bruce lies in the Abbey with Pittencrieff Park behind. However a place that I suppose has suffered more than most from urban depravity - really not a lot going for it these days. Your father should have been proud of his heritage - although he might have headed for Canada just to get away from the noise!! :)
Cheers John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts