Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exhaust do you suggest? i dont want it REALLY loud, but i do want to notice why i spent the money........so something i guess in the middle....want to be able to hear it (not too loud), but i want something to crank it up if i need it. please help. thank you... :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Borla, Magnaflow, Corsa...all are good systems and you won't go wrong with any of them. Sound clips don't do much IMO - you really need to drive and hear in person. I just ordered Borla, as I have their system on another vehicle I own and love the sound.
If you want louder, before replacing the whole thing with a cat back, try removing the rear mufflers and going with just the resonaters first, if you don't like that - go w/ a cat back. There was a few threads with members doing that in the perf. section.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Borla and Corsa should be very close in quality. The Corsa should have a bit more agressive nature at w.o.t.

I'm not too sure about the Magnaflows......they sound good, but they give me the impression that they might have a bit of interior resonance, which should be noticeable around 1800-2000 rpms. Gibson and especially Flowmaster are notorious for this. It can be quite annoying on long highway trips. It makes it hard to hear the radio,....although,.....the inerior is already very quiet so it may not be as noticeable as with other vehicles.

Corsa has had a proven track record for making an exhaust that can knock out those annoying "in cab" sound waves. Hopefully they'll post a sound file on their site soon.......I'm getting anxious to hear this thing uncorked.

As a side note, Superchips has had the '03-04 chip for my Hemi Ram.......I believe the max H.p. gain is 21 and 34 ft lbs. at 3300 r.p.m.
Our car shouldn't be too far behind...........I hope!

·
Registered
477 Posts
i wonder if the "incab sound waves" is the result of poor isolation of the muffler system from the chasis rather than the exhaust sound getting into the cab?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Gotta love the guys dressed in brown. My Borla system is in!
Now for install, will update after I can get it done.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Installed Borla system w/3.5 tips. VERY glad I went 3.5 rather than the 5 inch tips.

Sound is def. different from the Borla's on my 5 liter stang.
Initial thoughts are that this is what the factory should have done in the first place. It is still very quiet at idle. Under load is when you hear it. If you want a "loud" system, this is not it.

It's just what I was looking for - and still keeps the car very classy IMO. I'd like to hear the Corsa system in person...but too late for me!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5point7-do you notice a difference from stock besides sound? describe what you noticed. thank you. are you happy with it?

i dont want it really loud, so that sounds like what i want.......

·
Registered
887 Posts
I am happy so far (but don't have a lot of drive time yet). From others on the board with the Borla, the system will "break in" slightly and get a little louder - and that would be fine.
It's not too much different from stock, but get on the gas and you now know it's there and I do notice that it is a little more willing to break the tires free.

Like my sig states..just waiting for a good cold air kit.

On edit - the 3.5 tips make a big difference as well in the rear end.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Corsa catback

Just got off phone with factory rep. Corsa was having vendor problems but now have all their materials. They have completed first batch of SRT exhaust and are in delivery mode. The rep told me that the 5.7(MDS) was the hardest exhaust of all their systems because of (MDS)to design. He said they wanted the 5.7 first batch of exhaust to be perfect, thus they will start next week producing them at a slower pace with the engineers overlooking manufacturing making sure the manufacturing quallity is first class. He still thinks that shipping should start towards the end of next week. The factory reps are very friendly and do not try to get you off the phone. He told me to call him next week and he will give me the latest info which I will post.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
I talked to the Corsa guys at SEMA and rode in a Magnuson equipped with their system. They went through at least 13-14 different mufflers to make sure it plays nice with the MDS. No drone or resonance when that kicked in. Wide open throttle sounded sweet! Alot of heads turned when that car hammered up the course.

We were the first distributor to order the 5.7 systems so they will be heading this way after they come out of production. 6.1 systems are ready for immediate shipment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Exhaust

I've done a lot of research and was close to the Magnaflow. My local exhaust shop put the Magna system on a Charger. He called me up and I listened to it in the shop. Sounded nice, however he just called me recently because the guy was getting rid of it because the drone was driving him nuts when the MDS kicked in. Glad I waited. My local exhaust shop said the Corsa appears to be top notch and they have made the drone issue a hi priority to make sure it is manageable to non-existant. I've checked out the sound bytes on the corsa website and I'm impressed. The guy with the Charger is ripping off his Magnaflow and putting on the Corsa, so I'll be fortunate enough to hear this first hand on the 5.7 liter. This is a big concern for me because although I store my 300C when it snows, I drive it all the time when there is no snow, so I want as little MDS drone as possible. Hopefully this Corsa system does it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Irwin said:
Just got off phone with factory rep. Corsa was having vendor problems but now have all their materials. They have completed first batch of SRT exhaust and are in delivery mode. The rep told me that the 5.7(MDS) was the hardest exhaust of all their systems because of (MDS)to design. He said they wanted the 5.7 first batch of exhaust to be perfect, thus they will start next week producing them at a slower pace with the engineers overlooking manufacturing making sure the manufacturing quallity is first class. He still thinks that shipping should start towards the end of next week. The factory reps are very friendly and do not try to get you off the phone. He told me to call him next week and he will give me the latest info which I will post.
Cool, Irwin, mine is already paid for and I'm anxiously waiting too!! Keep me posted please? Perhaps you can PM me the factory rep phone #?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey 5point7,

I have been looking at exhausts, and keeping the sound down, while improving economy and performance are my goals. How did the change affect you fuel economy, performance, and the sound is still quite soft? I like what I am hearing about the borla. BTW, how much of your exhaust system did you replace?

·
Registered
69 Posts
5point7 said:
Installed Borla system w/3.5 tips. VERY glad I went 3.5 rather than the 5 inch tips.

Sound is def. different from the Borla's on my 5 liter stang.
Initial thoughts are that this is what the factory should have done in the first place. It is still very quiet at idle. Under load is when you hear it. If you want a "loud" system, this is not it.

It's just what I was looking for - and still keeps the car very classy IMO. I'd like to hear the Corsa system in person...but too late for me!
Which Borla did you install? The quiet one or the loud one? (don't remember the part numbers off the top of my head)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered my Corsa Cat-Back System and should get it about two weeks or so. I spoke with the sales rep at Corsa and he says that this system for the 300c is on back order or something. It is a New product for Corsa. The part number is 14177. You can order it directly from Corsa.

Here is link: http://www.corsaperf.com/5_7_hemi.htm

Price: $1299.99

When I get mine installed I will post my opinion of the Corsa cat-back system.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
We can save you a little $ on that -

14177 2005-'06 5.7 (MDS) Corsa Sport Exhaust with X-pipe and 3.5" Pro Series tips $1189.99

:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
tbyrne Could you PM me please with a qoute for that and full length headers.. perfably the Dynamaxx ones!

Plus shiping etc.. I live in Texas so I believe thats tax exempt!

·
Registered
39 Posts
count me in...

tbyrne said:
We can save you a little $ on that -

14177 2005-'06 5.7 (MDS) Corsa Sport Exhaust with X-pipe and 3.5" Pro Series tips $1189.99

:)
How do i order these? and what is the typical price to install at a local shop anyone know?
thanks, Rip..

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
EndersGame: I don't use the board PMs (to many boards, way to many PMs). The 5.7 Corsa is $1199.99 and $1399.99 for the Dynatech long tube package. You can save $100. off the total by ordering these on our website. Shipping to TX would be about $98. and there wouldn't be any sales tax.

Ripster78: You can order online or by calling 1-877-482-9763. You should expect to pay about $75. for the install.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts