Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in the San Diego area have a scanner i can borrow to read DTC on my 2006 300C (5.7L)? Just need to see if there are any error codes and don't want to spend $300 just yet.

I'd be willing to rent it for 10 - 15 minutes :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Most auto parts store will check them for free. Do you have a CEL? If not there's likely nothing there.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
CEL = "Check Engine Light".

Also, search the forum here for "key dance". You can cycle the key on/off/on/off/on and your EVIC will display any codes where the mileage is displayed.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I actually just did a forum search for "key dance" and there are a ton of hits, so I'll give you the basics.

Your key has 4 positions: Off-Acc-Run-Start. Doing the key dance, you never hit start.

Start from off and go to Acc-Run-Acc-Run-Acc-Run . When you stop in the last Run position, look at your mileage display and it will cycle through any codes. After the codes or if there are no codes, it will then say "Done". It sometimes takes 5-10 seconds for the codes to start displaying once you hit the last run position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it! Thanks again! My wife has the car now but will try it when she returns. I'm trying to track down why my ABS, ESP Bas and TC lights are all on. Removed and cleaned the WSS on all wheels and no help. I recently replaced the rack & pinion... not sure if that has anything to do with it (i kinda suspect) but thought i'd check for error codes just in case.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
For that issue, try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 30 minutes, then reconnect it. If there isn't a stored fault in the PCM, this will clear those codes.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You replaced the rack and pinion?? If so you need to recalibrate the steering whell angle sensor. When the sensor isn't calibrated ESP and BAS are all desabled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts