Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Bosch Fusion Platinum plugs and installed them. Is anyone using them. What do you think of them?

06 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would pull them out and replace with OEM tomorrow.

I never used these, but a set of Bosch +4's almost destroyed a previous car of mine.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I bought a set of Bosch Fusion Platinum plugs and installed them. Is anyone using them. What do you think of them?

06 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L
NEVER EVER install Bosch Platinums.

Get them out of there. The factory plugs are platinum and good for 160,000kms or 100,000miles.

Why would you take them out for something inferior.:pat:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bosch plugs

I have 76000KM's now and dealership said I need to replace.

How are the OEM's inferior to Bosch Platinums?

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I have 76000KM's now and dealership said I need to replace.

How are the OEM's inferior to Bosch Platinums?
For one, I said the Bosch are inferior to the Platinums you have already installed in your car. Bosch platinums are the problems behind many engine misfire problems from several manufacturers. People think that just because they are Bosch, means they are a good plug when most people that know anything about spark plugs run away from them as fast as they can.

And secondly, your dealer is flat out lying to you. Your platinum plugs are good till 165000kms and nothing less before they need to be changed.

This is directly from the 300 service manual and Chysler head office. And do not be convinced that changing your plugs and wating money is a good thing to do. Platinum plugs are for long change intervals.

I would throw the advice back in the dealers face and ask why the service manual states clearly that they are only to be changed at 165000kms.:twak:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would never use those plugs. I have made the mistake twice falling for their advertising. The cars ran like crap! Do yourself a favor and return them for a refund!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I might be a little confused or maybe the cars are different in Canada. I know my car came with Copper Plugs and my service manual states to change them out at 36k. I changed them out myself so I know they were copper. However, when I went to an auto parts store to get them, the rep questioned me about why I was changing them out so soon but I am 100% sure that's what the manual says. He then told me his computer showed that our cars come with platinums and tried to get me to buy some. Luckily, I had read up on this site before getting them and knew to only get coppers. There were a lot of posts from people stating to get copper and not platinums due to issues with plats.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I might be a little confused or maybe the cars are different in Canada. I know my car came with Copper Plugs and my service manual states to change them out at 36k. I changed them out myself so I know they were copper. However, when I went to an auto parts store to get them, the rep questioned me about why I was changing them out so soon but I am 100% sure that's what the manual says. He then told me his computer showed that our cars come with platinums and tried to get me to buy some. Luckily, I had read up on this site before getting them and knew to only get coppers. There were a lot of posts from people stating to get copper and not platinums due to issues with plats.
You need to pay a little more attention.

He has a 3.5L which has a plug change interval of 160,000kms. You have a HEMI with copper plugs that have to be changed every 60,000kms like me.

The 3.5L and the 2.7L both came with platinum plugs.

·
Registered
375 Posts

He has a 3.5L which has a plug change interval of 160,000kms. You have a HEMI with copper plugs that have to be changed every 60,000kms like me.

Ok. Got cha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Platinum Plugs

Aparently it depends on how and where you drive the car. Also it depends what maintenance schedule you are going by. I put on 20K - 25K in 6mos. You are required to change out sooner than someone putting on maybe 15K - 20K a year and weather you drive a lot of short or all long distances. Guess that was what the dealer was considering.

I find the car runs pretty good so far. I will pull them soon to see if there is any black or white on the tips.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

SRT8's come with platinum plugs as well. The reason the 5.7 hemi doesn't is because of MDS I believe.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Aparently it depends on how and where you drive the car. Also it depends what maintenance schedule you are going by. I put on 20K - 25K in 6mos. You are required to change out sooner than someone putting on maybe 15K - 20K a year and weather you drive a lot of short or all long distances. Guess that was what the dealer was considering.

I find the car runs pretty good so far. I will pull them soon to see if there is any black or white on the tips.
My info was derived from the service manual from Chrysler headquarters which is what all honest dealers use and you just got suckered by a dishonest dealer. Plus now you are trying to convince yourself that you were not and foolishly argue on their behalf.

There is no different schedules for plugs. You go to 160,000kms and change the plugs. It is not dependent on time or how you drive or how much your drive. The car comes with long life platinum plugs from the factory.

You just got screwed out of good money for no reason and the dealer was only considering getting your money into their account and not saving your car.

Moral of the story is to not trust your dealer, they are obviously complete 100% liars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bosch plugs

:twak: My origional post says "I bought a set of Bosch Fusion Platinum plugs and installed them." Dealer did not get a penny from me.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
:twak: My origional post says "I bought a set of Bosch Fusion Platinum plugs and installed them." Dealer did not get a penny from me.
Because they thought you would have them swap them out there and not yourself.

Regardless, you just swapped out a set of really good plugs for a set that are the worst platinum plugs in the industry.

If you still have the old ones, I would put them back in and go return the Boschs and get your money back.:fing02:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats why I love this forum. You have guys here who know what they are talking about and can help you from potentially ruining your car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used Bosch plugs in several vehicles since they became avail and only on an 84 ford were they a problem, when bosch had a manufacturing prob, and the early ignition of the ford overheated them. Virtually every Chrysler I've put them in has loved them. Some GM products I hear don't care for them either. I drove them in my 1998 Dodge Caravan for 200,000 miles (Not Kilometers, real miles)and was getting 31.5 MPG with them on the 3.8 Liter.
The 300srt uses fine wire Iridiums, and I believe I may use them, or the Bosch fusions when I change plugs in my recently purchased 2007 300C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts