Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just like to thank Billet Technology for giving me an awesome experience in doing business with them. top notch people and very customer service oriented, tough to find these days, but clearly there still around.
back to the wheels. as i mentioned before, i had issues with the wheel face finish. i wanted flat black and i got it with a satin clear. so i figured that i would try something out, same on what i did with my intake manifold and cai. wet sand the sht out of it. 3-4 hrs per wheel, wet sanding with 600, 1000, 2000, buff, polish and shine. it turned out better than i had expected. it's now a shiney flat black, you'd have to see it in person to know what i mean. it looks like you could bounce a bullet off it, somewhat looks like a lacquer finish. the lip is color matched silver metallic.
the fronts are 22X9 with a 3" lip and the rear are 22X10 with a 4" beveled lip (extra strength). the outer and inner hoop edge are rolled for reinforcement. needed for the streets of boston.
the tires are Nitto 420's, 265/35 front and 295/30 rear. there a suv summer performance tires. i was nervous at first, but i'm now more than satisfied. because there suv tires, the side walls are reinforced. so i've got all the protection i can get. the handling is awesome, quiet, and not harsh, at all.
i put my wheels on a few weeks ago and didn't post anything. i was waiting on my custom center caps. skull and crossbones, matching my hood and decklid emblem. these are a different size than stock. the stock caps are 2" and mine are 2 3/4". i also did the same process with the wet sanding, to get the same finish.
i also finally purchased the catch can, dipstick, strut brace, etc....more coming soon.
sorry, i'll post the pix soon. i'm on it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's some pix. bad time too, sun going down. i'll having to take better ones. let me know what you think?
before:

after:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

again, i'll see if i can take better pix earlier in the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's a pic of my engine bay, updated with the BT catch can and dipstick. i'm just waiting on the transmission cap and silver decal, that will go on the left side of the radiator cover.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the last pcs are the black braided hoses and cbd, cf coolant resv overlay. then plans for a custom 3 pc lip spoiler, cf roof from cbd, a few other scheduled mods that i wont mention yet. after that i will focus on the interior to match the exterior, it's going to look sick, you'll see. thanks - jimmy

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks sick!! I love the wheels, and the color scheme is great. Also love what you did with the engine bay. Props to you, 2 thumbs up!:bigok:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks sick!! I love the wheels, and the color scheme is great. Also love what you did with the engine bay. Props to you, 2 thumbs up!:bigok:

thanks bratha, but she's no where near done. i can't wait to pull the entire car together and add more horse power. take care - jimmy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
411 Posts
That's a sweet Charger. Love the "race" inspired theme inside and out. Kudos to you my man; you did strong work!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a sweet Charger. Love the "race" inspired theme inside and out. Kudos to you my man; you did strong work!!!
thanks bratha! i try my best. take care - jimmy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
last, but not least.......thanks again for the responses everyone. i really appreciate it and i take everything in consideration. take care!
also thanks to Carbon by design and Billet Technology for making killer products. i bow to the two of you.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Great work, Jimmy! ? on the coolant reservoir overlay... I don't see that on the CbD website. Was that a custom order, or did you get it somewhere else, maybe? And can you still see through it enough to eyeball coolant level, or how do you check yours? Those reservoirs are the one really ugly thing under our hoods, IMO, that I haven't seen a solution for. I've been wondering if maybe BT would make something for it, with a sight window, maybe. Been looking for some solution. Thanks.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would have to say that you hit a Grand Slam..They look great.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts