·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_8380259

The Associated Press
Article Launched: 02/27/2008 10:38:26 AM PST

WHITTIER, Calif
Car-building legend Boyd Coddington, whose testosterone-injected cable TV reality show "American Hot Rod" introduced the nation to the West Coast hot rod guru, has died. He was 63.

Coddington died at Whittier's Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital at 6:20 a.m. Wednesday. Coddington's La Habra office spokeswoman Amanda Curry wouldn't disclose the cause of death.

Coddington, who started building cars when he was 13, set a standard for his workmanship and creativity, with his popular "Cadzilla" creation considered a design masterpiece. The customized car based on a 1950s Cadillac was built for rocker Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.

Sad to see him gone so soon.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
this is a very very sad day in the world of automobile customizing. Boyd turned out some of the cleanest rides on the street and its just sad to know that hes gone but in some way he will still live on through all of us who still build and modify.

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Damn.... interesting to see what happens to his shop now.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
No doubt his son will take over now.

·
Registered
622 Posts
WWOOWWW!!!!

That is so sudden.. Does anyone know the cause of death?
I remember that I didn't really like him (personally, not the finished job) on his show as he pushed his crew too hard, but I certainly wouldn't have guessed he would die so young.

The hot rod world is frowning today!

·
Registered
734 Posts
OMG! NO!!! WTF, wow, I can't believe he's gone! :( It's like Indian Larry passing away, remember that? This will be like when Paul Sr. on American Chopper passes away, or Chip Foose... :( wow, I can only imagine how his crew and that bald asshat (forgot his name) is taking it...

·
Registered
376 Posts
63! Geezus. That's too bad. Sad news.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Very sad news and such a great loss to the world of vehicle design and build. His imagination was boundless and endless.

It was mentioned that he was recently hospitalized twice for an undisclosed medical condition.

bruno

·
Registered
734 Posts
sad news indeed.. but does this mean the wheels are now worth more, or less?
Not to be a jerk but does it seriously matter?

I mean a icon and legend just passed away and all you can think about is if his wheels are going to be worth more or not? Come on bro, grow a heart

·
Registered
734 Posts
Alright, well it might be a good idea to ask that when the "dust settles" you know?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts