Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with BOZE/Z forged wheels? That's what I'm looking at for my C. They have the style I want with the correct offset for my AWD, and the rep I spoke with (at BOZE, not a dealer) seemed much more knowledgable that other similar people at other wheel mfrs.

I'm looking at 20 x 8.5, same F and R (I like to rotate them) don't feel like pushing it any further than that.

The tires I'm thinking of are Michelin Pilot Primacy in 225/60. I know there are probably cheaper good alternatives out there, but my past experience with Michelins has been very good. My wifes Lexus has them as a replacement for the original Toyo Proxes (worthless), and they already have gone more miles than the Toyo's lasted, with less than half the tread gone. Ride and handling, etc. much improved with the Michelins.

I'd appreciate any $.02 worth that anyone has!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
EdinAZ said:
Anyone have experience with BOZE/Z forged wheels? That's what I'm looking at for my C. They have the style I want with the correct offset for my AWD, and the rep I spoke with (at BOZE, not a dealer) seemed much more knowledgable that other similar people at other wheel mfrs.

I'm looking at 20 x 8.5, same F and R (I like to rotate them) don't feel like pushing it any further than that.

The tires I'm thinking of are Michelin Pilot Primacy in 225/60. I know there are probably cheaper good alternatives out there, but my past experience with Michelins has been very good. My wifes Lexus has them as a replacement for the original Toyo Proxes (worthless), and they already have gone more miles than the Toyo's lasted, with less than half the tread gone. Ride and handling, etc. much improved with the Michelins.

Thanks.
A couple of observations.
The 225/60 fits the 18" 225/60/18 rim, not the 20".
To get a diameter close to stock, you will either need to get 245/45/20, 255/45/20, or 275/40/20.

Unfortunately there are not many tires that come in these sizes.
I believe the only available 20" tires may be the Toyo Proxes, Nitto 420S, and Goodyears that come on the SRT8. But I could be wrong.

One thing. I have never looked for 275/45/20 tires. Maybe there are other tires in the 275/40/20 size.

This calculator will help.
http://www.net-comber.com/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
Link Please?

Could you post a link? I have an AWD too and would like to see the wheel that you're considering. I went to the Boze website but didn't see anything that referred to a "BOZE/Z".

Thanks in advance.

EdinAZ said:

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good catch!

i read my own notes wrong as I was messaging. As you detected, I put the STOCK size in my message, instead of . . .

What i am REALLY looking at are the 245/40/20 size. Michelin DOES make thier Pilot Primacy tire in this size.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ed

joey said:
A couple of observations.
The 225/60 fits the 18" 225/60/18 rim, not the 20".
To get a diameter close to stock, you will either need to get 245/45/20, 255/45/20, or 275/40/20.

Unfortunately there are not many tires that come in these sizes.
I believe the only available 20" tires may be the Toyo Proxes, Nitto 420S, and Goodyears that come on the SRT8. But I could be wrong.

One thing. I have never looked for 275/45/20 tires. Maybe there are other tires in the 275/45/20 size.

This calculator will help.
http://www.net-comber.com/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BOZE website

The site is http://www.bozeforged.com/

You can follow the BOZE forged or ZE forged icons at the bottom of thier home page.

The SPECIFIC wheel I am interested in is the "Stinger 6" (which they CAN drill for 5 lugs). I believe they manufacture the wheels to order, and CAN do custom offsets. I think that applies to ALL of thier wheels. I spoke with a "Zak" there a couple of times, and they seem to be helpful and informative, without a hard sell.

Ed

Silver_C_AWD said:
Could you post a link? I have an AWD too and would like to see the wheel that you're considering. I went to the Boze website but didn't see anything that referred to a "BOZE/Z".

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
EdinAZ said:
Good catch!

i read my own notes wrong as I was messaging. As you detected, I put the STOCK size in my message, instead of . . .

What i am REALLY looking at are the 245/40/20 size. Michelin DOES make thier Pilot Primacy tire in this size.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ed
The 245/40/20 is about 0.9in (almost 1inch) shorter than the 18" stockers. You tire is going look skinny on the rim, and the wheel gap is going to get much bigger. Your speedo is also going to be off quit a bit. Your speedo will read around 62.93 mph when you are actually going 65 mph.
Most folks are shying away from tires this small.
I sure wish Michelin made 255/45's, which is the Toyo Proxe tire I am getting shortly. There just isn't a good selection of tires out there, that I can see.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Size

EdinAZ said:
Good catch!

Thanks for the feedback.

Ed
Have you considered 255/55's. Preferred recommended (maximum) tire for AWD is BFG g-force T/A KDWII NT in size 255/55VR18/RF.Very positive reports.Mine are on order for the Spring mated on Zinik Z17's.Be careful in jumping to just a good looking wheel.Make sure that you check out the weight as well.But, the bottom line is,it's your thing, do what you want to do.But the advise line is "Do it after "proper" research".
Good luck & best wishes

·
Registered
823 Posts
I recommend a 255-40-20 and a 295-40-20. I.e. Staggered. It'll look pretty damn good IMHO. Toyo makes tires in that size. I've had good luck w/Toyos.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm not running ANYTHING yet! I don't even have my damn car yet!

However, if you're gonna do 20s, I think a 20x8.5 or 20x9 F, 20x10 R would look simply awesome!

Offset? I'm not so sure on the front. SRT8 wheel for the 20x9 has an offset ~25mm (1"). Rear...I think the same. I'd check w/a wheel dealer who has fit many 300s to see what it should do. Maybe ask Avon Custom Wheels.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have them on my Mag SRT8
8.5x20 front, 10x20 rear.
Some pics at the other forum:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=23035

If you can't see the pics on that board (you may have to be a member) Let me know and I'll post some over here.

Boze's service (I dealt with Zak) is really good.

On tires - be sure to come fairly close to you factory overall diameter. I want to run 295/40/20 on the rear, but i cant find any summer tires in that size with a corresponding front tire in 255/45 or 245/45 size. Yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
joey said:
The 245/40/20 is about 0.9in (almost 1inch) shorter than the 18" stockers. You tire is going look skinny on the rim, and the wheel gap is going to get much bigger. Your speedo is also going to be off quit a bit. Your speedo will read around 62.93 mph when you are actually going 65 mph.
Most folks are shying away from tires this small.
I sure wish Michelin made 255/45's, which is the Toyo Proxe tire I am getting shortly. There just isn't a good selection of tires out there, that I can see.
You're right! After playing with a tire size calculator, I can see that those are WAY too small. I do want to stick with overall dia. close to stock. Guess I'll just have to give up on Michelin.

·
Registered
161 Posts
eagle f1 supercars are stock on the SRT8's
they come in both 245/45/20 and 255/45/20. You can put the 255's on the front with no problem (i have winter 255/45's on the front as do many other srt guys).

Some say they are these tires are bad in the wet but personally i have had no problem with them at all. And both sizes will fit at 8.5" rim nicely.

If they came in a 295/40/20 I'd be all set for my 10" wide rear boze rims.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Edin,
If you really want to do a set-up for your AWD you will have to lok @ a 42 offset while staying with 18"rims.The best tire match that I have seen ( and by the way, is where I'm going). is the BFG g-force T/A KDWIINT sized @ 255/55VR/RF.No rub issues & puts more rubber on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
The closet wheel to stock is 275-40-20. The difference is nominal. Hankook makes the wheel. Very quiet, smooth ride no float super grip (w) rated for speeds above 160. Just in case you tune your 300 later. The Ventus ST RH05 check it out at www.Hankooktires.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts