Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having problems getting supplies of BP Ultimate Diesel – my local BP garage has stopped selling it, saying there is no demand, but every single time I have been to fill up with it I have had to queue. This weekend my alternative BP garage also stopped selling it, both garages are now selling normal diesel at £1.10.9 a litre.

Anyone know of any garage still selling it in the Nottingham area?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Why not switch back to normal diesel and use Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive instead?

Stef

·
Registered
461 Posts
^ Stef, this maybe a stupid question, but where can you get it - I've just seen it on tinternet for £12.99 inc. Also how long does a 500ml bottle last?

cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Ian,

I use 20ml for 20 litres/£20, so it lasts quite a while. I'm sure Halfords have started to sell it now, failing that quite a few car accessory type shops do it.

I've used it since I bought the car in October and swear by it. I used the older Millers Diesel Plus in my old Land Rover Defender that had a 200Tdi diesel engine in it and it was great in that too, no smoke, more power, cleaner engine etc.

If you are going to try it run the tank down really low then start using it with each fill, add extra on the initial fill to compensate for what's in the tank (that's where the hidden remaining fuel tank capacity info in EVIC comes in handy).

Stef

P.S Make sure you use the Sport 4 variant!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
What does this stuff do exactly?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
This is what the website says about it.................

Diesel Power Sport 4

DESCRIPTION:
"Performance diesel fuel treatment for enhanced combustion efficiency in all diesel engines, especially modern Euro IV-compliant types."

APPLICATION:
By addition to fuel in the ratio 1 part to 1000 parts [1ml/1L].
One bottle treats 500 Litres of fuel.
May also be used at double strength for additional performance.

USER BENEFITS:
"Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 is a modern state of the art fuel treatment that is suitable for all diesel engines, especially those with Diesel Particulate Filters and all Euro IV emissions compliant vehicles, providing a tangible improvement to vehicle performance.

INCREASES POWER
• Increases up to 17.5% BHP

REDUCES EMISSIONS
• Up to 70% less exhaust smoke
• Up to 20% less carbon emissions

INCREASES MPG
• Up to 7% economy improvements

CLEANS INJECTORS

• Increases cetane by up to 4 numbers
• Improves throttle response
• Wear protection
• Fuel system corrosion control
• Easier starting, quieter, smoother running engine
• Prevents fuel from ageing"

Untitled Document

Stef

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried Millers for a few days now – certainly seems to help the car run quieter, not sure on performance or economy yet as I only seem to get to around 26-27mpg on my daily commute into Nottingham - wait until the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts