Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it only me or does it seem that the C sheds very little brake dust? I washed her today, and noticed far less dust than any of my other vehicles. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not complaining. Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, little to none here. Rather amazing, isn't it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's good to know. I finally finished up my paperwork on my cool vanilla FULLY LOADED 300c, payment is right at $500/mo... I got the greensheet discount and put down quite a bit... :) I should be riding soon.. already got my grill, pillars, and miracle cloths :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I believe it's got something to do with the chrome cladded wheels.

Who's our Electrical Engineers out there? Maybe it's got to do with resistance to static.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could be just ceramic pads, i know i have them on my suburban and have very little brake dust. Or some special German pad secret LOL

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Ceramic pads on the Enzo cost $6000, not the carbon fiber rotors, just the pads. If there is any ceramic in our pads it is likely a few fine particles. Clearly it is the pad material and perhaps the chrome cladding, now I only have water spots to deal with :p .

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it has to do with the pads. The rims on my 2500HD never got much if any brake dust on them. But the wife's Silhouette. The front rims will be covered in brake dust within a week of washing it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's definitely the brake pads. My 2001 Intrepid was also dust free. On every other car I have owned in the past 5 years, I have had to change the brake pads for this reason alone...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts