Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 300c, 36kmiles i just bought it 2months ago, why dose it squeek so much wen im slowing down?? is this normal? im not sure what material pad they are, im guessin OEM wutever material they use, and solutions to this>? thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Tony, is it the fronts or the backs and does it get louder the more you step down or go away the more you step down?

One of the few irritations I have about my 05 C is that the rear brakes become glazed during the winter due to the excessive pulsing while using the traction control. I turn it off everytime I get in the car but being in a climate where there is snow there are times I have to use it just to get the car moving. If you drive with it on alot you will glaze the rear discs and then they squeek as you are stepping down. The test is whether they get louder as you step down or if the sound goes away. If it goes away they are just glazed.

You can take it to any brake shop and they should be able to be able to take it away. I find that after a few weeks of driving without the TC and some good hard braking runs takes care of most of the problem.

cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tony, is it the fronts or the backs and does it get louder the more you step down or go away the more you step down?

One of the few irritations I have about my 05 C is that the rear brakes become glazed during the winter due to the excessive pulsing while using the traction control. I turn it off everytime I get in the car but being in a climate where there is snow there are times I have to use it just to get the car moving. If you drive with it on alot you will glaze the rear discs and then they squeek as you are stepping down. The test is whether they get louder as you step down or if the sound goes away. If it goes away they are just glazed.

You can take it to any brake shop and they should be able to be able to take it away. I find that after a few weeks of driving without the TC and some good hard braking runs takes care of most of the problem.

cheers

it happens when im slowing down and as i press harder on them it gets louder.and the noise is comming from the front il try ur edvices see if it helps

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a sound that isn't squeaking when I brake. It sounds more of like the ABS trying to slow the car down. I noticed that it does not do it all the time though.

When I went to the dealer they said my brakes are good so it might just be me, then again all my other cars I've had never made this kind of noise. Anyone know what it could be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts