Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all and Happy Holidays!
Here's the latest thing I have been experiencing with my C so if anyone can help let me know.
Here's the scenario: Waiting to make a turn with the brake on - I give it gas to go (medium throttle) I hear a draging / rubbing noise (almost like the E Brake is on) coming from the rear that only lasts for a few seconds. If I accelerate very slow I never hear it. It's always under medium throttle. Also it only happens once in a while. I went into a parking lot to see if I could recreate it. Stop then gas stop then gas and on the third time it did it again. It's only done it once in the past 2 weeks.
Any idea's?
A

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just drove my dads car to test out 2 bugs that he mentioned....1 is that he has started the car 2 times since he has got it(last wed) and the parking brake engaged itself while he was driving(he said the light on the dash came on saying the parking brake was on and it was beeping)....2 was that the sirus radio dissappeared. The brake light did not come on when I drove it, but what you are saying happened to me while I was driving it, I was making a left turn, and it felt as though the throtle was really low like the brake was on or something? the car only has 390 miles on it so this seems very odd. ALso my dad was right about the sirus....I pressed the mode button and all it would pull up was the cd player, the tab that says SAT on it had dissapeared...I played with it for about 20 minutes and finally pushed that little pty button and it came back....does any of this sound normal? thanks
MOMo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mr Milkman, I have noticed the same "problem" exactly as you have described.. it happened after I tried to take off with my parking brake "on"...

After that day I heard that for the day only and cant seem to re-create it, of course I havnt had to many medium accelerations.. but yes I did experiance that very same problem you had even though I made sure the parking break was OFF and not engaged...

It almost seemed that the shoe or drum was still rubbing on it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
...the light on the dash came on saying the parking brake was on and it was beeping...

The first few times I drove my 300C I had the same issue. I think it was because I was being overly gentle with the park brake release (it's a new car!) and perhaps the pedal was brushing my leg on the way up - meaning it was not fully released. I just make sure I'm clear of the brake pedal and pull the release lever with normal vigour and don't have the problem anymore. Interestingly, my wife had the same trouble both times she drove it!

I hope this helps a little!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts