Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellas, I have called 2 dealerships in Michigan area asking for a Brake Pedal Position Sensor for my 2005 Chrysler 300C rear wheel drive. They cannot find and I am a little frustrated. I can find on my own on Autozone. What my problem is with my car is this - the ABS light is on as well as ESP/BAS. I have no cruise and no traction control. When the dealer re-sets the code my cruise comes back on but my anti-lock brakes seem to be grabbing and cannot drive over 5 MPH ESP light flashes. I then turn car off all trouble lights come back on and I can drive again. I love my car I drive it for sales and have almost 200,000 miles on it but take care of my girl. Anyone help? I have come here before and the knowledge you guys have is far superior than any other site. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
What you are describing has nothing to do with any brake position sensor. I doubt if one even exists.

You either have a dirty, or defective ABS sensor. There is one for each wheel. Usually the car will not throw any codes if the sensor is dirty, but you will get the ESP/BAS/ABS warning lights

The front ones are susceptible to dirt and debris. They are easy to remove and clean. Remove the front wheels, and you'll see the ABS sensor mounted on the steering knuckle just inboard of the bearing hub. Use a 10mm socket or wrench to remove the bolt. Gently twist and pull the sensor out. Clean the shaft of the sensor, as well as the bearing surface that the sensor faces to pick up wheel movement. Re install. Be carefull not to overtighten the bolt. If successful, you ABS/BAS/ESP lights should disappear, once you get the car moving.

If that does not work, then you likely have either a defective ABS sensor, defective steering angle sensor, or dynamics sensor. Those conditions usually throw a code. Do a search for "key dance" to learn how to retrieve diagnostic codes in the EVIC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts