Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about a little brake issue I'm having -- I've got a 06 CSRT -- had the rotor TSB done and replaced the stock pads at the same time with PosiQuiet 104's and 106's -- all about 1000 or so miles ago.

Past couple of days, I've felt a little "sticking" sensation in the brake pedal: When I release the brakes after being stopped at a light, or slowing down at slow speeds in parking lots/traffic/etc., sometimes, but not always, I feel a little thump in the brake pedal -- not sure how to describe it, but it feels sort of like the pedal isn't traveling back quite as fast as the master cylinder (maybe). In other words, at times, it feels, through the pedal, not the wheels, like the pedal is sticking down for a moment, then releasing up to it's normal, linear spot in its travel. I'm reading this and realizing that I'm not making it very clear: best I can say is that the feel gives the sensation of non-linear pressure release, rather than a smooth, gradual release.

Again, I don't feel the brakes themselves sticking on the rotors (I don't think), and this doesn't happen every time.

Any of y'all have any ideas/thoughts? I'm kind of figuring that when I take it back to the dealership, that I'll get a "Non-OEM parts, no warranty" discussion.

Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wondering about a little brake issue I'm having -- I've got a 06 CSRT -- had the rotor TSB done and replaced the stock pads at the same time with PosiQuiet 104's and 106's -- all about 1000 or so miles ago.

Past couple of days, I've felt a little "sticking" sensation in the brake pedal: When I release the brakes after being stopped at a light, or slowing down at slow speeds in parking lots/traffic/etc., sometimes, but not always, I feel a little thump in the brake pedal -- not sure how to describe it, but it feels sort of like the pedal isn't traveling back quite as fast as the master cylinder (maybe). In other words, at times, it feels, through the pedal, not the wheels, like the pedal is sticking down for a moment, then releasing up to it's normal, linear spot in its travel. I'm reading this and realizing that I'm not making it very clear: best I can say is that the feel gives the sensation of non-linear pressure release, rather than a smooth, gradual release.

Again, I don't feel the brakes themselves sticking on the rotors (I don't think), and this doesn't happen every time.

Any of y'all have any ideas/thoughts? I'm kind of figuring that when I take it back to the dealership, that I'll get a "Non-OEM parts, no warranty" discussion.

Thanks
Actually, I feel something similar- however I thought maybe it was a "brake assist" kind of thing from the ABS....when slowing I almost feel a "tug" backwards, just a tad.... have not analyzed my driving style (whether aggressive or not) when this occurs yet, I'll pay more attention to it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don’t own an SRT but this kind of feeling comes in the C when you are running in a lower gear than you are suppose to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts