Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've had this issue since i got the car 2-3 months ago, it has 214,000 miles on it.

Whenever i press the brakes from normal driving there is this fast chugging repeatedly felt on the brake pedal. When braking from a high speed the whole car shakes. What is the causes for these both? It does not feel safe at all! Do my rotors need replacing upgrading or brake pads / clips ?

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
144 Posts
Probably rotors and pads both is my guess.

Reactions: Grumpy1

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
144 Posts
Im gonna go with Warped rotors, the slotted brakes are on the rear, arent they suppose to be on the front? Thats how i got the car.
My guess on this is that the previous owner who made the change did so because they only needed to change the rears and wanted to go with slotted in the future for all four (4) wheels.......just never got to the fronts. It must look weird to only have slotted on the back.

As stated, the rears are a different size than the fronts.

And I must say..........the previous owner left you with a bit of a mess with this car, given all of your other posts for issues it has. You're getting through it though! Keep it up!

Reactions: SRT8_KSA

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the rears are slotted and they are OEM also, but what are the sizes for the rotors for front and rear do you know?

Im planning on getting either EBC, stoptech or Powerstop rotors with pads but not sure which one would be best for an SRT?

I ordered powerstop rotors and pads from my challenger RT 2014 a year ago and they were great, but this car has more power thus i would need a brand thats reptuable for the SRT.

Which one would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
06 csrt8
17 Posts
I just picked up an srt8 with the same issue, it's (generally) warped rotors. The oem solid brake rotors get red hot real fast. I slapped some autozone pads in there and got a wicked squeal a week later. Have a new drilled and slotted set for the rear that the car came with but going to have to source a new set for the front here soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue on my '13. just after getting it "about a year ago 87k"help get started pulsating. Chased it down to the left front. I put a new pad on it and wala! It was fixed.. NOT SO FAST.. It's starting to do it again. I dunno what I'm going to try now? Maybe it's a weak caliper

·
Registered
06 csrt8
17 Posts
I have the same issue on my '13. just after getting it "about a year ago 87k"help get started pulsating. Chased it down to the left front. I put a new pad on it and wala! It was fixed.. NOT SO FAST.. It's starting to do it again. I dunno what I'm going to try now? Maybe it's a weak caliper
Chances are a piston could be stuck, are you noticing any uneven wear on the pads?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2013 and when going down a long descent at high speeds, the brakes start pulsing. Very annoying.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had the same thing on a '14 300c rwd. It turned out it was the rotors. Get new one. Brake pads were fine. Stopped the chugging instantly.
Great to know! Unfortunately i havent upgraded from front rotors yet, will do soon, looking at getting the Powerstop Z26 slotted and drilled ones or OEM slotted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts