Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im assuming the 300c / 300 touring brakes are the same... if theyre not, you can probably ignore this post.

I have a '05 300, and the front brakes make a "clicking" noise (not long, just a short "CLICK") when i slow down and come to a stop. Doesnt happen at higher speeds, or when the brakes are cold... but when theyre warm up, 50% of the time i can hear a "click"... only happened in the past day or so.

The pads look good, the rotors have no major scratches / gouges in them and the brake pedal is fairly firm, so im pretty sure pads arent an issue, or a rock in the pads (that would scratch ?).

ABS problem ? Rock in the caliper (!) ?? The car goes into the shop wednesday, but i want peace of mind :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im assuming the 300c / 300 touring brakes are the same... if theyre not, you can probably ignore this post.

I have a '05 300, and the front brakes make a "clicking" noise (not long, just a short "CLICK") when i slow down and come to a stop. Doesnt happen at higher speeds, or when the brakes are cold... but when theyre warm up, 50% of the time i can hear a "click"... only happened in the past day or so.

The pads look good, the rotors have no major scratches / gouges in them and the brake pedal is fairly firm, so im pretty sure pads arent an issue, or a rock in the pads (that would scratch ?).

ABS problem ? Rock in the caliper (!) ?? The car goes into the shop wednesday, but i want peace of mind :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry. But did you ever get to the bottom of this? Because I have this same problem and I don’t want to spend $600 on this car. Just fixed my whole front end. Any info would be super helpful

·
Registered
155 Posts
So.... pull it all apart and inspect everything?.....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts