Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just begun to notice the wheel pulling hard right under even relatively light braking. Not sure if this is new, or if I am just now getting over my near orgasmic adoration of this gorgeous car and beginning to notice it.

I didn't see any info on this, and wondered if anyone had advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Before they replace the calipers (a common mistake) it may be a defect in the flexible rubber line to one caliper. This usually occurs in old cars related to age but this being a Chrysler you never know.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
TorontoTips said:
I've just begun to notice the wheel pulling hard right under even relatively light braking. Not sure if this is new, or if I am just now getting over my near orgasmic adoration of this gorgeous car and beginning to notice it.

I didn't see any info on this, and wondered if anyone had advice or suggestions?
Sorry I didn't see this post until today!

If you are still having this problem, you want to inspect the left front brake. For some reason, you aren't getting the same braking force out of that caliper, which is why the car pulls right each time you step on the brake pedal.

The problem could be in the brake line, as someone else pointed out. This would reduce the clamping force of the caliper. It could be caused by a brake fluid leak from your caliper getting onto the rotor surface and causing the friction level between pad and rotor to drop down to near zero. Or the problem could be in your ABS controller/distribution block.

Whatever the problem, you should get it checked out by a dealer right away. It is a potentially dangerous problem that could result in a much longer stopping distance during a panic stop or loss of vehicle control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts