Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body notice that in the morning after rainy weather that your brakes squeak as you back out of the driveway first thing.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Depending on your climate it is rust on the rotors that needs to be 'ground' off with the first stop or two. Here in Houston with warm nights, humid air, etc. I have noticed this quite a bit on more than one vehicle, especially after I wash a car and then park it in the garage overnight.

Next time the weather is right, take a look at your rotors before you pull out.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Bob,
The last couple days I have noticed this, though only when backing out of the driveway. I don't notice it on my first few stops going forward...I am sure it is just the pad compound under the right circumstances. My guess is after the rotors warm up and the water is shed off the brakes that it stops making the noise. Braking performance seems to be good, even with the wet brakes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yep...

Mine do it to...mostly when it's cold. goes away after a few stops though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
This has happened once, just the other day when it was cold and at dewpoint. Only happened one time. It didn't sound like typical brake squeal, different sounding, but it was brakes related and only in reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
rdmac said:
Any body notice that in the morning after rainy weather that your brakes squeak as you back out of the driveway first thing.

Bob
This is normal and not something to be concerned about. However, making sure your rotors are bedded properly will reduce their tendency to squeak at low speeds. The transfer layer of pad material from the bedding process will reduce the amount of rust that forms on your rotors after a rain storm or a car wash. http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not that concerned about it. Just seems on a car like this it should not happen. LWOOD mine does exactly what you say.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts