Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I can handle the brake dust...
(did I really just say that???)

But I CANNOT handle the every day, every time brake squeal that emits from one of my wheels when the brakes are applied; no matter what pressure!!!

THIS PROBLEM IS RIDICULOUS!!!

I thought maybe people were turning around to look at my car...
had I known why they were really looking...

this problem needs to be solved immediately by Chrysler and Brembo!!!
It is not a YUGO, KIA, Accord, Etc.
IT IS YOUR TOP OF THE LINE CAR!!!
GET IT RIGHT NOW!!!

WE ARE YOUR BEST PROPONENTS - Don't alienate us further!!!

and yes I have the kicker system and it rocks, but I actually like to turn down the stereo and hear the roar of the SUPER-HEMI, the sound of the Magnaflows and the wind blowing either through the sunroof or the windows...

and now (and it has been since day 1 - you hear this Chrysler!) the wonderfully painful harmonic brake squeal that eminates when the brakes are applied...

FIX IT!!!
GET THE BRAKE ISSUE HANDLED NOW!!!

NR- don't say it... - I know, I know...
power slides and proper downshifting right??? :biggrin:

vvv90 - I need a picture of Chevy Chase in Fletch II parking granny's car attempting to stop the car against the parking meter - :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
ARGH!!! Me too!! I feel like I'm in a K Car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Mine is intermittent...it depends on pressure, and temperature. Harder i stomp down, less they squeal. The warmer i get them (crazy highway driving) the less they squeal. The grooving has not worsened since they started appearing at 250 miles (now at 1800), so not sure if that has anything to do with it?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
AAIIICAV said:
Mine is intermittent...it depends on pressure, and temperature. Harder i stomp down, less they squeal. The warmer i get them (crazy highway driving) the less they squeal. The grooving has not worsened since they started appearing at 250 miles (now at 1800), so not sure if that has anything to do with it?!

Mine did the same thing......then I got to about 2500 miles and it started to get really bad.....grooves and squeal. the squeal is actually the reason that the service department would take a look at the brakes. First dealership I went to said if there wasn't a squeal or a shudder that they couldn't do anything about the grooving( mine were not squealing at the time). Visited another dealership twice this week and they are telling me DCX is working on it.............. :evil: ..................we'll see now won't we.

BTW: bedding the brakes helps the squeal. Doesn't seem to do much about the grooving, but it helps make them more quiet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
qictrk said:
Me too. Ditto to all above. Now what do we do? I'm guessing we have to sit around with are hands in our pockets waiting for the big wheels to do the right thing. Cecil........ :AR15firin
They can't ingore us forever if we all go to the dealership for the same problem. The dealerships are just there to report the issuse back to DCX......it is then up to them to do the right thing. Hopefully they will.......strength in numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
One of my all time greatest automotive pet peeves is a squeaky brake. It certainly doesn’t elevate one’s stature in the ol’neighborhood. One of my friends was just saying “aren’t you getting pissed because you’re car is taking so long”. Hell no, I’m pissed that Chrysler has allowed this beauty to sound like some gypsy wagon that just rolled in from hillbilly holler. (My apologies to anyone from hillbilly holler that reads this post)

Now for something I’m sure you’ve not read on this forum, but I’m really not interested in getting my car until this “blemish” has been rectumfied! :eek:uch:

So take all the damned time you want- just don’t let me hear a “pig squeal”!! :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I have an appointment with my dealship Thursday (regarding this same problem), what can I expect to hear from them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
krisbenson said:
I have an appointment with my dealship Thursday (regarding this same problem), what can I expect to hear from them?
You'll probably hear them say that the wear and squeal is "typical" for the SRT8, and this is only because ALL of them are doing the same thing. They'll probably also tell you that DCX engineering is aware of the problem, but have yet to come up with a solution. At least that's what I've been told. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
You'll hear that they are working on it. I have been hearing this for weeks now, it's driving me nucking futs. I still love the car though and will look for a financial concession for my headaches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
The brake squeal has been my biggest complaint and disappointment in this car. I bed the brakes 3-4 times before I did it right which did solve the problem for a time. Of course, the squeal is back as the forum brake expert warned.

The pads need to be replaced with something that doesn't squeak or emit tons of brake dust.

Replace the pads and ALL of my complaints about the car will be fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I have the same problem, heavy grooving and squealing towards the end of braking. Went twice to the dealer, both times I was told that’s normal. So I decided to get the Chrysler representative to get involved, on this issue and some other issues I have. I suggest you all do the same, get the Chrysler representative to come out and look at the brakes, when this happens we should have a solution really quick. By sticking together on this issue we will help each other out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
ReCoRd TiMe said:
I have the same problem, heavy grooving and squealing towards the end of braking. Went twice to the dealer, both times I was told that’s normal. So I decided to get the Chrysler representative to get involved, on this issue and some other issues I have. I suggest you all do the same, get the Chrysler representative to come out and look at the brakes, when this happens we should have a solution really quick. By sticking together on this issue we will help each other out!
BINGO...............
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Here ye! Here ye!

To anyone mechanically enclined enough to do so. Remove your wheels (5 lugs,) Remove your calipers (2 bolts,) and finally remove the pads (they should press out.)

Put a nice bead of this on the back of the pads where they make contact with the pistons or any other component:



Problem solved. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
vvv90 said:
Here ye! Here ye!

To anyone mechanically enclined enough to do so. Remove your wheels (5 lugs,) Remove your calipers (2 bolts,) and finally remove the pads (they should press out.)

Put a nice bead of this on the back of the pads where they make contact with the pistons or any other component:



Problem solved. :)
My grooving is WAY worse than the squeak. That's my biggest concern right now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I didn’t buy the car to apply some grease to the brakes, let Chrysler worry how to solve this. Anyhow this can also bite you later if they find out you were messing around with the brakes, you know how they are, any excuse to refuse warranty work. :AR15firin
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top