Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have read through the forum looking for information on brake issues and options selected by various members.

Before I go out and splash the hard earned cash I was looking for confirmation that the following selection was going to provide improved performance, better longevity and no noise. I've only done 18k and the front rotors are warped.

Looking to buy:

DBA 2438X (Street Series Gold (cross-drilled & slotted) Front Vented) - $250.00
DBA 2439X (Street Series Gold (cross-drilled & slotted) Rear Vented) - $250.00
Hawk Ceramic. The fronts are $151.00, the rears are $136.00.

Plus installation costs.

and the vote is :grouphug:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mate is that Aussie prices landed?

If so, pretty good price :) Go for it!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is that per corner price? When i priced the DBA they were $250/corner AND i had to wait for the next production run which could of been XMAS for all i knew.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I believe the cross drilled brakes will cause faster pad wear (sure I have read that on here a while back).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just went the whole hog recently and put in new rotors, calipers, brake lines and pads etc...

I chose a kit by K-Sport. It was comprised of 356mm slotted rotors for all corners, with 8 piston front and 6 piston rear calipers, harder pads to match the rotors and installation by a friend at Croydon Racing. Set me back $6K all up.

My 300C stops as good as it goes now.

Cheers,
Paulo

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys, Thanks for the assistance. I have been doing further research and it looks like going for slotted rather slotted and cross drilled extends pad life. They are also cheaper.

·
Registered
97 Posts
slotted still wear the pads VERY fast and cause brake dust all down the sides of the car. the slotted causes more pad wear and dust than the cross drilled as the drilled is for cooling, the slots are to clean the pads. if i wash my SRT, by the time i get home there is a thin layer of brake dust down the sides. that is with the slotted brembos... but hell do they stop fast!!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
slotted still wear the pads VERY fast and cause brake dust all down the sides of the car. the slotted causes more pad wear and dust than the cross drilled as the drilled is for cooling, the slots are to clean the pads. if i wash my SRT, by the time i get home there is a thin layer of brake dust down the sides. that is with the slotted brembos... but hell do they stop fast!!
Mate, you haven't been here long enough to have discovered Posi-Quiet pad for your SRT8 from Zechausen. No more dust issues. A little more effort to stop but 90% less dust.

·
Registered
97 Posts
really? and they don't wear the rotors excessively? sounds too good to be true. every time i find pads that don't create dust it has been because they are so hard/dense/durable (whatever they like to call it) that they chew through the rotors as quick as the pads and you end up replacing the lot every 20k's... has always gotten really expensive really quick in the past. will have to do some searching on here and see what sort of k's folks are getting out of them... no doubt i will need pads in the next few months at this rate, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
They claim;

Low Dust,
Low Noise,
Low Rotor Wear,
Long Life.

I have only done about 3,000 Klm on mine so I am not a good example but their are plenty of others here who can provide more information and personal experience.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They claim;

Low Dust,
Low Noise,
Low Rotor Wear,
Long Life.

quote]

Funnily enough, every pad on the market makes the same claims.

The feedback on the Posiquiets seems to be very positive though.

I have some EBC Redstuff ceramic pads in the back of my car and the long life claim looks to be true but I would not agree with anything else. Will be trying posiquiets next time around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi, I have read through the forum looking for information on brake issues and options selected by various members.

Before I go out and splash the hard earned cash I was looking for confirmation that the following selection was going to provide improved performance, better longevity and no noise. I've only done 18k and the front rotors are warped.

Looking to buy:

DBA 2438X (Street Series Gold (cross-drilled & slotted) Front Vented) - $250.00
DBA 2439X (Street Series Gold (cross-drilled & slotted) Rear Vented) - $250.00
Hawk Ceramic. The fronts are $151.00, the rears are $136.00.

Plus installation costs.

and the vote is :grouphug:
Welcome to the club. My from rotor and pads were metal on metal by 22.5K according to Chrysler they say this is normal wear (and I dont drive really really hard), but I thought I was the only one having such bad wear.
Just so you know, the chrysler dealership here in Canberra originally tried to charge me $700 to replace the front pads and rotors before I addressed the issue. So watch yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts