Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probaly doesnt bode well for current owners resale value.

Best price so far new Series 1 300c Silver Hemi, not $59,999, not $57,990 but an amazing $54,500 driveaway.
Free tank of fuel, and first 2 services.

There probaly arent many left at this price, but Im sure that
will put a bit of a dent in the resale values.

Cheers Qantasman

·
Registered
933 Posts
DCA are advertising 5.7L's at $54,990 drive away with sunroof. I'm sure they'd throw the DVD players in too.

Pretty bloody good value if you ask me (but does suck for current owners).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hay it's a car, of course it's not going o keep it's value.

A smart person would have invested in property.............. if only I new who could provide good advice........... Mr225

·
Registered
933 Posts
Don't ask me mate. I bought my place for $555,000 3 years ago, have spent over $50K on it and now it's worth $500,000!

I give heaps good advice! :pat:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yep, brand new series 1 models are selling at a good discount driveaway price in Canberra too. Perhaps we would see a wave of new members in this forum soon?

·
Registered
170 Posts
at the end of the day your cee (or anything really) is worth whatever your prepared to sell it for.... the current red-book value for a 5.7 might be $40,000.... doesnt matter to me coz i aint selling for less than the price of a new SRT :biggrin:

why are we talkin' about resale values anyways.... pffft sell a cee.... NEVER!!!!

Risk

·
Registered
90 Posts
So is this the best spot to link to my mustang forum ad (where I'm selling my mustang) so maybe I can buy a chrysler?

And BTW, I cannot believe how 300C's have held their value up until now - 3 years old, and people still want within 10K of the price of a new one! (which I cannot afford - unless I get what I want for the mustang!)

EDIT: of course, I should clarify that I'd want to get CAI, predator tune, lowering springs, wheels and some other stuff, the minute I got the car (which why I can't afford new) - but probably should just get the car first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So is this the best spot to link to my mustang forum ad (where I'm selling my mustang) so maybe I can buy a chrysler?

And BTW, I cannot believe how 300C's have held their value up until now - 3 years old, and people still want within 10K of the price of a new one! (which I cannot afford - unless I get what I want for the mustang!)
Ah but what people want/ask has no relevance to what buyers will actually end up paying! One quick look over Carsales shows the magnitude of how ridiculous some peoples sales expectations are.

I *was* planning to turn mine over early in the lease (2nd half this year) but this latest round of discounts has put the shotgun to the head of that idea. Should have seen it coming - on the upside, it's still not in the same league as what the local manufacturers have done to the parochial "fans" in pricing and resale over the past few years! :twak:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mongoloid, I think you posted why I was editing mine, but as for resale, every company does it - I bought the wife a new Maxima (base model ST-L) in 2004 the 1st month it came out - 1 year later, Nissan decided all models would get leather (mine has cloth) as standard, then last year, they lowered the price on all new models by $5000.
the resale value is shot.
luckily the wife likes the car, but it still means I can't trade it in and make the 300c the "family car" and keep the mustang for sunday drives.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Just for everyone who doesn't already know, I sold my car two weeks ago for $50k. 2006 Black 5.7 with sunroof, 35,000km and the mods listed in my sig.

Just goes to show - look after your car well, take good photos, write a good ad and all you need is one buyer. Maybe I got lucky, but the buyer was stoked - he just rang me tonight to tell me how happy he is with the car (and he's a ripper bloke to top it off - I'm glad my pride and joy is the hands of someone who respects it.:) )

But yes - $54990 drive away is bloody cheap!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think the only way that I can beat this whole resale value issue is to keep modding my 300C. :biggrin:

$54K driveaway is hard to beat on a new 300C but with Steve's magic under the hood and with the other mods that I've made, I think my ride has some additional value up its sleeve.

Cheers,
Paulo

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
By the rules you must raise your For Sale thread/notice in the for sale section. In your case this is probably not a bad thing as I hear the Americans are buying back classics from anywhere in the world. Is your Mustang still LHD? If not you're buggered of course.

·
Registered
90 Posts
John,
it was sort of tongue-in-cheek about advertising the mustang for sale on this forum - different kind of audience and all that. (but some people here do seem to have LOTS of money, based on their car collections.......)
and a previous owner converted it to RHD, so less attractive to US - and their dollar value not as good as it was, so less people looking over here. just have to be patient, I guess.

Aaron.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
No worries Aaron, so was mine (tongue in cheek).

Most Aussies would know I turn a bit of a blind eye to their for sale posts.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I only paid $57000 for mine driveaway with roof, heated rear seats etc. I thought I did ok too. That was before the series 2 came out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
For a V6 Petrol they are now $49990 drive away
I paid $49770 with a luxury pack drive away for a 2007 model
Good deal I thought

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
~$55k for a new '06-'07 model 300C 5.7 is not bad, but what's ridiculous is the people who want to sell their second hand 5.7 for that much. I'd pay $55k for a second hand Series 2 300C, but some people are dreaming. Or better yet, the SRT-8 owners who want $75k for theirs because they threw some lowering springs and a dodgy Ebay CAI on there!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts