Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CSRT8 is still under warranty but I hate taking my car in all day for something so stupid. The automatic power windo is not working on the drivers side. It will go down automatically but will not roll back up without me having to hold the switch. Is there a fuse I can pull to reset it or anything like that? Any "quick fix" ideas would be appreciated before I take it to the dealer for warranty work. Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hold it in the UP position for about 5 seconds and it should reset it so that it will function with the auto up and down feature, so raise the window all the way up and then hold it there for the 5 seconds and then try to roll it down and up using the auto up/down feature

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Here's the reset procedure from my manual:
Reset

Any time the vehicle battery is disconnected, or goes
dead, the auto-up function will be disabled. To reactivate
the auto-up feature, perform the following steps after
vehicle power is restored:
1. Pull the window switch up to close window completely
and continue to hold the switch up for an
additional two seconds after the window is closed.
2. Push the window switch down firmly to the second
detent to open the window completely and continue to
hold the switch down for an additional two seconds after
the window is fully open.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! You saved me a day at the dealership...

·
Registered
376 Posts
An additional word, my car seems to do this on both motors randomly so I find myself doing this once every couple weeks. Just beware it may happen often.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have noticed that if you stop the window manually, ours will loose its "auto"
feature and have to perform the "reset" procedure. FWIW

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Along thee lines, does anyone know how to "oil" the window so that it doesn't squeek? My drivers side window always squeeks for a couple of seconds on its way up and it is pretty loud and annoying. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Along thee lines, does anyone know how to "oil" the window so that it doesn't squeek? My drivers side window always squeeks for a couple of seconds on its way up and it is pretty loud and annoying. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Based on another thread I read here on frozen windows, I'm going after some silcone spray. Spray it on a cloth and then rub it on the weather stripping. Seems like it would fix your noise, too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My CSRT8 is still under warranty but I hate taking my car in all day for something so stupid. The automatic power windo is not working on the drivers side. It will go down automatically but will not roll back up without me having to hold the switch. Is there a fuse I can pull to reset it or anything like that? Any "quick fix" ideas would be appreciated before I take it to the dealer for warranty work. Thanks!
if you don't want it to keep recurring, see your dealer for TSB 08-011-07A.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again! I'll give the silicon spray idea a test today. I'll add the power window TSB to the alignment and ashtray TSBs that I've been putting off for a few months. Next oil change will be at the dealer I guess...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Window Not Moving

So I left the C300SRT8 at the airport for a week and when I returned and lowered the windows, the passenger side refused to move. Also noticed the passenger power mirror was dead. Checked the fuse # 30 in the trunk and it looked good. Put it back in. Gave the passenger door a good hard slap in frustration.

Started the car and that window works just fine. ::smile::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts