Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

So I go to open the car yesterday and the whole door handle breaks and almost pulls completely OFF! :thumbsdow

I can get it finally to come open if I pull on just one side of the handle.

This is the Exterior Handle that is chrome.

Anyone replace one before? Any part numbers?

Also, how hard is this to replace?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I checked the Service Manual and it looks like a major pain in the arss.
Here is the removal instructions.

EXTERIOR HANDLE
REMOVAL
1. Remove the trim panel from the inside of the front door. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/TRIM PANEL - REMOVAL).
2. Remove the speaker from the inside of the front door. (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/AUDIO/SPEAKER - REMOVAL).
3. Remove the watershield from the inside of the front door. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL).
4. Remove the screw that secures the bottom of the pull cup bracket and the bottom of the window regulator rear rail to the inside of the front door.
5. Loosen the screw that secures the top of the pull cup bracket to the inside of the front door.
6. Disengage the upper pull cup bracket screw from the keyed hole and remove the bracket from the inside of the front door.
7. Reach up into the back of the door shell to unsnap the plastic clip that secures the end of the latch release link to the exterior door handle and disengage the latch release link from the handle.
8. For the driver side handle only, reach up into the back of the door shell to unsnap the plastic clip that secures the end of the lock actuator link to the lock cylinder and disengage the link from the lock cylinder.
9. Remove the three screws from the inside of the door that secure that exterior handle to the door.
10. Remove the handle from the outside of the door.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone ever replace one?

Any special tools? I guess I will give this a shot when I can get the part ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Big K,

I'd appreciate an update on your door handle replacement project. I just experienced the same problem with my door handle breaking. It looks like something a lot of people are going to experience as the insufficient plastic door handle innerds dry out, crack and break.

Joey & Bluer,

Thanks for the install instructions and part #

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive replaced mine twice just get the dealership to do it. I busted 2 of the driver side ones off cuz i have lambo doors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i used to have painted handles,but i bought some chrome ones online,it was a set of 4,they cost about 75 to 100 bucks aftermarket,the 1st one took me about 1 hour,but after that it went real smooth,the hardest part is getting the door panel to snap back on properly,if it doesnt snap back in place the top part of the panel will be real loose and look bad,but dont be discouraged,take your time

·
Registered
576 Posts
check napa to see if they sell it cheaper, i got my 02 impalas from there and it was half the cost of the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the same thing happen to my 2009 300C yesterday. Anyone hear anything about a recall on this problem? Seems to be a lot of posts for same issue.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Replacing the door handle isn't difficult really. However you do need to take care when removing and replacing the door panel. That is the hardest part of the install. When my handle broke, I purchased the rear door handle to delete the lock on the front. Just an idea. Same exact fit too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok my 4 year old grandson pulled on my back right passenger door handle and it broke . well i just went to open my drivers side and the same thing happened to me.. this is a 2010 chrysler touring 300.. should this be happe
ning now i have to have 2 replaced

1 - 11 of 11 Posts