Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I bought a 2005 300 about two months ago. About a week ago we noticed the RKE batter low warning and replaced the battery...after which it worked fine until yesterday. Now this morning the remote wont work at all. Tried to replace the battery again and nothing. Will the key turn off the alarm if the remote is broken?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Look at the solder connections on the battery holder. Most likely they need to be touched up with a bit of fresh solder. To answer your question, I suspect the alarm will not set unless it's set by the fob. I've never tried that, actually. If it does, putting the key in the ignition switch may turn the alarm off. Did it not have two keys?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did come with two keys, unfortunatly my husband lost his set already. Now all of the sudden my set no longer works. The metal piece that holds the battery down is broken off of the board...until I can get it repaired or replaced I just want to ensure that when I unlock the door with the key, the alarm will turn off when I put the key in the ignition. Otherwise I am going to wake up everyone...

·
Registered
297 Posts
stop by an interstate battery center (or any all battery center) and they will solder that back on for you.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
You/your husband can solder the battery clip back onto the circuit board if you have the tools and finesse with soldering.

If not I suggest that you take it to a computer repair shop.

I prepared a Word document "how to" with pictures on how to fix the battery holddown clip. If you PM me your e-mail address I can reply with the file attached.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the tips...I will def. take it and have it re-soldered! And I bit the bullet...I went and used the key to open the door. It did set the alarm off, but once I put the key in the ingnition and turned it on the alarm turned off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts