Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am still running my 2006 300C Hemi and proud! But don't know if any member here can help with the old model. Anyway I accidentally broke my left side mirror today. :pat: No crack on the cover but something inside must have been broken. I can flip it front to back by hand. The motor still works but it just go all the way without stopping. Mirror adjustment is fine as well.

I am afraid I need to replace the whole mirror assembly. Problem is I had ask my dealer back in 2006 for a crack chrome cover and they told me $800 + labour. I am afraid to ask them again this time.

I check online and saw some after market mirror with led and so on. But none seems to fit our Aussie model. Either it said 300 but not 300C, or 300C but not Hemi. Not to mention Left and Right hand drive. Why Chrysler made our mirror so complicated!?

So any member here can help point me to a place/website that can buy our mirror assembly cheaper than local dealer and guarantee fit an Aussie 3006 300C Hemi? I am in North Sydney area. Super glue it will be my last option.

A picture link to what our connector looks like will be great. Many thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Just ask my dealer and it is AUD920 fitted and not an in stock item. They told me the part is 04806161AF. Will try my luck but it is just not easy.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
$800???? Do you have the auto-folding mirrors? Think those are expensive as hell. But otherwise, the mirrors don't cost much at all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yep, auto folding mirrors on all of the Aussie cars.

You could consider buying a matching pair from the US with slightly less functionality.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
bit confused by 'flip it front to back by hand' & 'the motor go all the way without stopping' ....is this the mirror body, or just the glass adjustment. My car needed a new mirror - the motor kept trying to adjust the glass non-stop, until I reset the driver settings

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bit confused by 'flip it front to back by hand' & 'the motor go all the way without stopping' ....is this the mirror body, or just the glass adjustment. My car needed a new mirror - the motor kept trying to adjust the glass non-stop, until I reset the driver settings
It is the whole mirror assembly going all the way in either direction with the power control and I can hear the motor keep on running without stopping, not just the mirror itself. It is crack inside somewhere so I can move it freely front and back by hand as well. I found the only way to stop the motor running is to put the control knob in between 2 settings. It is beyond repair.

Had ask from UK but no shipping outside Europe. Tried a few USA shops but no reply. Never thought it is mission impossible to find a replacement mirror until now.

Finally got it replaced last week with a local second hand for $400. Chrome is a bit scratched. Should ask the shop to replace the chrome cover with my own.

What is most shocking is that I once bought a chrome cover from another USA forum member as mine was chipped by road debris on the other side. The chrome cover was removed from his USA spec 300C. It is not after market or anything. I ask the shop to put it on for me this time but they found out that although the shape is the same, the clips just won't fit my car at all. And the last digit of the part serial is indeed 1 number off. I can understand all the different functions make our mirrors incompatible between models, but just the chrome cover is designed differently? Do they have too much spare time in Chrysler? I mean why make our lives so difficult? Why?:smashfrea

I hate chrome covers. It can't be painted or repaired if chipped. Who else is unlucky enough to break them both? :dead1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts