Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Saturday I received a "little box of billet" and finally found some time to install them today.

I've also taken the liberty of preempting many of your posts with the following:

1. Yes, I know my wheels are dirty. I'm washing the car later today.
2. Yes, I have the Centric Posi Quiet low dust pads.
3. No, while I had the wheels off, I did not bother to clean the tubs or clean the calipers.
4. Yes, I am thinking about painting the SRT letters on the spoke black.

These caps are great quality and fit like stock. Here is the link for those interested:

Billet Technology: Wheel Center Caps for Chargers, Magnums & 300's

some people have noticed that the caps are slightly loose or "jiggle" when you drive. it didn't bother me at all, but, seeing that it was a question coming up, i thought i would find a solution.

at first, FreebirdSRT suggested I silicone down the caps. after more discussion i thought of adding a washer and we agreed that i would try that before silicone.

i went to the hardware store and for $1 i bought a package of 24x #10 washers. now, each screw has:

lock washer (BT provided)
flat washer #1 (BT provided)
flat washer #2 (needs to be larger than #1)

center the cap on the wheel and secure with blue painters tape. hand tighten each screw, then go back and tighten each one with a 1/4 socket screwdriver. remove the blue tape and bingo....you've got a securely centered cap.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Will you get blk lugs to match....sorry had to think of a question. LOL! Looks great.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will you get blk lugs to match....sorry had to think of a question. LOL! Looks great.
great question. i had our local dealer-partner searching for some black lugs. he found some gorilla lugs but they were too narrow to anchor the wheel correctly. he's now found a local shop that supplies colored lugs for some NASCAR teams. they would take some new stock lugs and powder them for $120.

instead, for $35 i bought the MOPAR locking lugs.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
update: the mod king FreebirdSRT will be at my house on Sunday to paint the letters black....i'm so stoked!!!!
That's our Mark! You couldn't have selected a better person with experience to do the job for you. Hope you both have a great day shooting the breeze and making those mods. Maybe Mark can bring along some of those tasty Chocodiles I gave him at SF, lol!

bruno

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's our Mark! You couldn't have selected a better person with experience to do the job for you. Hope you both have a great day shooting the breeze and making those mods. Maybe Mark can bring along some of those tasty Chocodiles I gave him at SF, lol!

bruno
i doubt there are any left. had my weekly lunch with the bird man and he couldn't get enough of the chocolate chip pizza dessert. lol.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
i doubt there are any left. had my weekly lunch with the bird man and he couldn't get enough of the chocolate chip pizza dessert. lol.
Isn't it great to have a meal with someone who truly enjoys their cuisine?! Our yummy Cali strawberries are now being sold at all those little roadside stands. Personally, I can't wait to start making strawberry pizzas.

bruno

·
Registered
541 Posts
stealthsrt8,

Did you ever get those SRT letters painted black? If so, can you post pics?

(I wanted to photoshop your pics to make the letters red, just to see how they look).

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yub, here is a picture:

my buddy FreebirdSRT has these wheels on his Magnum SRT, and the letters are painted red. they look great.

next time i need to touch up the letters, i may use brilliant black touch up paint, carefully dry the paint with a heat gun, and then clean excess with mineral spirits.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
its a whole unit held to the wheel by tiny bolts with washers overlapping the hole - original caps get ditched. My SRT8 ones are red

1 - 20 of 24 Posts