Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody knew where to get a egr delete kit for our 5.7 Hemi snow since BT says there discontinued. Thanks

2006 300c 5.7 180 t-stat, Borla cat back, Lmi Air hammer intake, custom dyno tune

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*I was just wondering if anybody knew where to get a egr delete kit for our 5.7 Hemi’s now since BT says there discontinued. Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome to the forum. They probably discontinued it because it's illegal to disconnect/remove/tamper with ANY emission control device. Most of the older tuners would allow you to shut the EGR off so you wouldn't get the never ending Malfunction Indicator Light, They had to remove that feature from the tuners for the same reason. What are you trying to gain by removing it? It is about the only emission device that actually does some good (helps lower combustion temperatures, thereby allowing for slightly more timing) and does not cost you in performance or fuel economy. If you live in a "smog nazi" state, you'll also fail the emissions test. My advice, leave it alone.

·
Registered
697 Posts
If you can hear your EGR Valve something is wrong somewhere. I've got cold air setups on all 3 of my Hemi's and don't have any noise from anything in the engine compartment (except a little valve noise from the performance cams), and especially not from the EGR Valve. I've never heard of this one before. The valve allows a metered amount of exhaust gases to be sucked into the intake by engine vacuum and there should be no noise from this action. If you have access to a pretty good quality scanner that can monitor both "Commanded EGR %age and EGR Error %age and see if there is any correlation to your noise and the activity of the EGR. I have DashHawks on all three of my vehicles and have one screen set up on them to monitor these functions on the fly..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts