Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bubbling noise that sounds like its coming from in the dash. This happens when the A/C or heat is in use. It doesn't happen everytime and usually takes a while for it to start. Took it to the dealer who said there was an air pocket in the system which they removed however, the noise persists. I took it back and they said all fluid levels, parts, etc were in order and there was nothing more they could do.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I would have guessed air pocket as well... not so much for A/C function, but for heat certainly. The engine coolant runs through the heat exchanger under the dash and an air pocket there would probably gurgle. I'm not sure that such a pocket would reveal itself as a significant loss of liquid level in the overflow reservoir through. I would think the dealer would know how to fix such a thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed they would know what the problem is and be able to fix it but they say there is nothing else they can do without taking out the dash (major time and money), since everything else is checking out as far as the heating and a/c systems are concerned.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and been able to take out the dash and see what the problem is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts