Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i am a NEW 300c lover and current german car nut (who may very soon be converted)
i currently drive a Audi A6 4.2 sport. i love the interior build and overall build quality. i am also a former bmw and benz driver. i understand the ever smaller gap there is between these expensive german cars and cars like 300c.

How is the build quality of the 300c? will i be happy with the build quality and interior? is it top notch?

i fully understand that this car loaded is roughly $39K

thanks all!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Compared to an Audi? Crap.

I visited the dealer less than 10 times during the 5 years I owned my Audi A4. Mostly for service intervals. I never once found a single factory defect, nor did I have any quirks. Keep in mind the A4 had been out for over 3 years by the time I purchased one.

Within the first 3 months of owning my 300c, I knew every Service advisor by name. I have visited the dealer atleast 10 times and only have 13k miles on my 300c. I don't consider myself to have a lemon, nor do I consider my vehicle a problem car. Its just a first generation vehicle. You'll find the same experiences across the entire forum whether or not we admit this or not...

Chrysler's factory build quality is questionable, and their service is pathetic. The car is amazing, the company that makes it, is not.

I don't think I'm alone when I say the following: "I know my 300c much better than my service department."

As far as the interior quality goes? There is no comparison. The carpet, the door panels, the leather.

The car makes up in other areas. If you wanted a car that rivaled the 300c in performance, you would have to step "up" to the S4. $55k out the door, same horsepower, a little bit lighter than the 300c, but with half the interior room.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Give that man a cookie!

rogue said:

I visited the dealer less than 10 times during the 5 years I owned my Audi A4. Mostly for service intervals. I never once found a single factory defect, nor did I have any quirks. Keep in mind the A4 had been out for over 3 years by the time I purchased one.

Within the first 3 months of owning my 300c, I knew every Service advisor by name. I have visited the dealer atleast 10 times and only have 13k miles on my 300c. I don't consider myself to have a lemon, nor do I consider my vehicle a problem car. Its just a first generation vehicle. You'll find the same experiences across the entire forum whether or not we admit this or not...

Chrysler's factory build quality is questionable, and their service is pathetic. The car is amazing, the company that makes it, is not.

I don't think I'm alone when I say the following: "I know my 300c much better than my service department."
NAILED IT! :eek:

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
I have had 2 quality issues after 7 months and 13,000 miles.

1. The latch holding the left rear seatback in place was defective, allowing the seatback to fall forward, under heavy deceleration. The latch was replaced.

2. The aluminum wheels have been pitting from contact with salt. DC have agreed to replace the wheels.

That's it, so far for me.

Overall, the fit and finish has been very good. All body panels align properly. No rattles yet.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Kind of early to tell how this car is going to hold up over the long haul, but the first indications seems like almost everyone on this forum has had some warranty issues. I have 4300 miles after 6 months and I had the right pull/lead problem, and my sunroof is squeaking when the car flexes or drives over rough roads. Minor yes, but still not "perfect" after 4300 miles.
My 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI didn't start having problems until after 4 or 5 years.
My biggest worry is the leather, fake interior chrome, and console plastics.
The leather looks like it might not hold up after a couple of years.
The fake chrome is already showing scratches.
The dash/center-console plastics scratches too easily.

But I love my car! I just hope it holds up over time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
We get what we pay for......
We have all compared our Cs to more expensive/lux cars because of size and power
I think you will find that our interiors are not up to par with the A6.

For the price/styling/HEMI, the C is a nice car.
But if the 'incidentals' matter........

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I Have Had My 300c Almost A Year Now And I Haven't Had Any Problems Until Now, Very Minor (defrost/heat) No Warm Air After Awhile And I Have Turned It In To The Dealer And They Have Given Me Of Equal Value Loaner , As Well My Dealer Has Always Given Me Top Notch Service, Even Going To Other States To Bring A Vehicle Back For Me Via Flatbed That I Have Wanted To Purchase.....i Love The 300c It Looks Good Beside The Rest Of Our Toys

·
Registered
332 Posts
rogue said:

As far as the interior quality goes? There is no comparison. The carpet, the door panels, the leather.

The car makes up in other areas. If you wanted a car that rivaled the 300c in performance, you would have to step "up" to the S4. $55k out the door, same horsepower, a little bit lighter than the 300c, but with half the interior room.
COUGH, COUGH. I will act like i did not read that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quality is relative, and a moving target: I’ve heard that Benz quality has recently started to tank, and while I haven’t heard much about Audi, I’ve also heard that VW quality is on the skids. I’ve owned a couple of BMW’s over the years, and they were pretty good, but far from trouble free. So far, so good with my C, but it’s only a couple of months old

·
Registered
677 Posts
300CAWD said:
COUGH, COUGH. I will act like i did not read that.
Maybe when you actually provide proof you run a 300c down the road instead of running your mouth, I'll care what you say. ;) Until then, I'm going to continue to believe that you're a 15 year old that dreams of owning a 300c AWD. You've provided plenty of facts that don't add up kid and I'm calling you out on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a little worried now.

I just got rid of a Escalade EXT. It was an 04' and was in the shop for 6 weeks of the first year I owned it. It was nightmare. I bought the 300C to get away from poblems.

·
Registered
332 Posts
MR rogue,

The MR is to get u back at the age thing ( if u get the joke good if not never mind).

Nah i just work at DCX. So thats why i posted that. I do own a 300C AWD. Anyways 2300MILES on my AWD still running strong, this is what i call quality build.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm 26. Grow up. :rolleyes: I'll believe it when I see pictures. Your stories don't add up correctly.

A DCX employee making 130k a year at 19 that didn't get an employee discount and is paying $1000 a month on a 13% APR because his dad needed to cosign?

Riiiiight.

Did I ever tell you guys I'm James Dean Reincarnated? :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Lucky Lindy?

Owned the car since September - 6400 miles -- zero problems.
Pretty picky when it comes to my automobiles - so far all smiles!
Happy with our '02 Escalade as well - 32K miles: still a load of fun to drive (LS6/345hp). :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you are making that type of money, good job man!

rogue said:
A DCX employee making 130k a year at 19
In the business that I'm in now I have the potential of making millions, but most likely making 100,000 to 200,000 a year if I work hard.

My point is, I don't have a garunteed paycheck, and at the moment I would take 130k a year if I could. I've been in the mortgage business for about 8 months now and only make enough money to pay for my car, insurance, cell phone, and 6k worth of credit card debt. At the end of the month I have $10 in my account and I still live with my mom and dad.

Sorry, just had to let that out. Point is I need to get my @$$ in gear if I want to be independent in life, and when I got in the mortgage industry I thought by now (8 months later) I would be making enough money to be semi independent. Not the case. Its my own fault, I've been depending on my girlfriend to pick up the slack on my money woes, I got fatter and lazy and haven't been putting much work in, and my boss at the mortgage company is getting tired of it. Now my girlfriend left me and I'm left holding the ball.

Oh God I don't know why I'm posting this..................Oh well, you guys are like friends to me. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
READ BELOW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
many thanks everyone!

this forum has an excellent vibe.
thanks everyone for helping me out with information.

overall it seems positive.

my dad recently got the 2005 Acura TL and i drove it around for a couple of weeks. i feel the TL build quality and interior is as good or better than my $56K 2002 Audi A6 4.2 sport. The Acura was only $34K sticker price.

So, its possible for the 300C to be also in that league. Since i got a lot mostly positive feedback so far on these posts, i am going to go to the dealer and test drive one to make my final decision...

thanks all!

·
Registered
332 Posts
sent u a pm. i cant believe i have to prove myself to you guys.

300CAWD said:
U dont believe me fine. Alright Alright, ask jerrym if u want. He will tell u that i work at dcx. one more thing rogue i wont take that as a insult. It cool between u and me, the reason why my pops had to cosign, have u heard about 000 coming up on your credit report. 13.9% percent financing for 000 thats normal, call the dealer up your self.

OH OH one more the employee discount. I am a contractor for dcx. I work by the hour not by a salary, more money. 130k in my dreams my friend even though i posted that uncle sam still wants his money.

gotta a small picture for you too. Took with a sprint camera a while ago. I posted about a gtimer2 thread as well. i am posting a picture of my dash which includes Gtimer2 and Cobra radar detector. I got the twin pipes on the bottom to split the power. I know there is one under the hand rest but its nasty running a wire there. if u look carefully through the window thats chrysler ITI building sorry cant give u the address. just can tell u its at the headquarters. The car is in the iti(we call it ITI) parking lot.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/576...&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&outquality=90
specifically for ROGUE.

hey why cant call you MR.

I know it was a joke but i didnt imagine u would bust my balls like this.

i even call guys that give me food at burger king "sir". ok the age thing u didnt have to take it so harsh. now imagine from my shoes how would I know that u are 26.

Have I told you i am 19 work at dcx and drive 300c awd around. :D

i cant even believe u said what u said. But hey no hard feelings. Hey gotta keep strict rule at all times dont talk bad to the mods or u can get banned.

i even attended a meet with tommyz.

I will post all the pictures once i get my digital camera usb cable. That damn thing is around here somewhere.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm not sure you can compare an Audi A6/A8 to a 300c. You're talking at least a $20k-40k price differential.

A closer comparo would be w/the 300c vs. the new Avalon.

The Avalon looks pretty decent and the interior is awesome, but it's FWD. The Avalon will definitely appeal to those who wish for Toyota reliability, but it exudes no passion.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow

1. The 300C vs. Audi

- Power & Sex appeal vs. Quattro...real quality finish

2. 300C vs. BMW
- " " vs. Performance and technology

3. 300C vs. Benz
- " " vs. Traditional luxury and Dependability

end of story.

Now onto the other issue that seems to be contaminating this poor man's thread...AWD, here's the deal. Read your posts. Read them, and then when you think you've got it, read em again and then let a friend look at it.

Don't just post just to post. Try to gather some substance and real profound thought before you put something out there for the world to see. Is english your first language, because I notice that you normally leave out some words, not trying to be mean, just an observation. I think it's okay to be young, hell, that's something us older peeps can't get back, but just slow down and I hate to say but "grow up". You can't use your age as an excuse for lack of common sense.

I don't think it's necessary to prove anything to anyone, but put your money where your mouth is, until then, you won't really get any legitimacy.

I think that this forum and the FAM is great. I like it when things are kept at light hearted tone and respect eachothers opinions (Thanks to the GRAD for helping me out in that respect) but you have to pay attention to what you say because believe it or not "people actually read this crap", haha :p

...oh and the picture is for the old man and the youngster...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts