Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2017 300c. My fog lights are blue and my halos are blue.

But my low beam and high are yellowish looking. I haven’t pulled the bulbs yet but how would I know if my car would support hid bulbs without getting new ballasts? Or should I just put in LED?

my high beam just isn’t very bright my low beam with the fog lights on are better to see at night then the high beams..

and one more question is there a way to over ride the fog lights so when my high beams come on my dogs stay on??

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Unless the lights have changed since my 2013 there's only one bulb which does the low and high beams (the high vs low beam is changed by a unit inside the headlamp itself not by the bulb). Assuming from what you've said you have halogen bulbs - those should be a 9003 bulb (vs 9012 on earlier Gen 2 cars which technically is a better bulb).

If you search the forum you'll find quite a few threads about people complaining about Gen 2 headlights. You can go HID (which can be had from one of our sponsors Carid) and there's a recent thread about a conversion to LED too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am trying to see what’s involved with led conversion if someone can help put me onto the thread about this..

·
Registered
506 Posts
DGO is correct; the high beams are same bulb as low. When you hit your high beam switch, there is a shield that is raised to lift the cutoff of the light. I have done the HID conversion to my ‘13 and my ‘17 C. Love it. Would recommend this to everyone. Used Diode Dynamics both times. The kit includes ballasts and yes you do need them. DD now has a LED kit too and someone on this forum has done it with good results. I would trust DD with their LED, others kits are just not up to par yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DGO is correct; the high beams are same bulb as low. When you hit your high beam switch, there is a shield that is raised to lift the cutoff of the light. I have done the HID conversion to my ‘13 and my ‘17 C. Love it. Would recommend this to everyone. Used Diode Dynamics both times. The kit includes ballasts and yes you do need them. DD now has a LED kit too and someone on this forum has done it with good results. I would trust DD with their LED, others kits are just not up to par yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
what bulb would I need? Looking at that DD site looks like I can only find 9005.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts