Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this has happened twice so far on my '07 C AWD with 6,600mi: very shortly after stopping at a light I got a brief grinding sound from underneath and it felt as though someone gave the car a shove from behind. Any ideas?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still get the "shove" every now and then, shortly after a stop while standing with the brakes. 20K miles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have the hemi 5.7L I sure as hell do know what you are talking about. Mine is being repaired for the second time over this issue next week so will let you know what they tell me.

The first time it went on for 12 months and they told me it was dirty fuel. That wasn't possible because I tried 3 different brands in the 12 months period so they can't all be "bad". I have also been told that the computer gets confused when you are at a stop because it can't decide whether you want 8 or 4 cylinders in the hemi.

It went away for about 4 months but now it is back. Do you follow the instructions in the manual about absolutely flattening it once a week when you are on the highway? Try it and see, just don't get caught!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lou, after looking around about this issue, I came across your other forum post, but I haven't had "the shakes" just the phantom "hit-and-run". In my case, it's not to the dangerous point, just disconcerting. The grinding sound seems to come from underneath -- tranny issue? I haven't found anything that I can quote from the TSB's , unlike various isues I had with my prior '05 C RWD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts