Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I just have never noticed this before, or what. But when I got in my car today and put my feet down on the drivers side mat I noticed a slight bump under the floor, its right next to the middle console. It is a hard bump, you can't push it in with your foot, I thought I might had hit something but a serious examination of the underside of the car this morning put that suspicion to rest as everything looks mint under the car.... I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I am thinking it has always been like this and I just never noticed it???

·
Registered
859 Posts
the same thing happened to me when i had my honda civic, but we ran over something in the road which hit the underbody and put a big a$$ lump on the drivers side.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can anyone clarify that it is normal? it is on the right side, near the console, under the right foot if you were sitting up straight without your foot on the gas pedal.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Listen to NR. It's perfectly normal. We all have them somewhere in our front floors. I believe the floor bumps are located over the duct that carries heat to the back seating area.

bruno

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listen to NR. It's perfectly normal. We all have them somewhere in our front floors. I believe the floor bumps are located over the duct that carries heat to the back seating area.

bruno
Thanks for the peace of mind, sometimes I worry about my car like a mom over her newborn child.... :twak:

·
Registered
526 Posts
i was scared about the same thing i wonder why they made it like that anyways .because in my ollld saturn i had i reversed over a log and it made a huge bump in my back seat floors but iu got mad and ended up stopping it back down (for the most part) but the 300s have em so im relived

1 - 7 of 7 Posts