Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have issues with bumps in the dash. I have a quarter size impression and all kind of bumps right above the glove box. There seems to be voids in the foam underneath the vinyl dash cover. Just wondering if anyone else has these? Look like my dash has a bad case of acne...

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
airbag?

Classy300C said:
Anyone else have issues with bumps in the dash. I have a quarter size impression and all kind of bumps right above the glove box. There seems to be voids in the foam underneath the vinyl dash cover. Just wondering if anyone else has these? Look like my dash has a bad case of acne...
Isnt that where the airbag bursts through the vinyl to miraculously save the passenger from bodily harm from newtonian forces?

Jaydee

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Don't have the bumps but did have the quarter sized impression in my dash. It's a manuf. defect and my dealer replaced it. Word to the wise though, the WHOLE dash has to be replaced (which is basically the front end of the car it seems) so rattles/squeeks may result. There was no way to "fix" it otherwise.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MrHappy said:
Don't have the bumps but did have the quarter sized impression in my dash. It's a manuf. defect and my dealer replaced it. Word to the wise though, the WHOLE dash has to be replaced (which is basically the front end of the car it seems) so rattles/squeeks may result. There was no way to "fix" it otherwise.
Have you had any rattles/squeaks since they replaced the dash?

·
Registered
362 Posts
i noticed the same quarter sized bubble in my dash several months ago (in the middle of the summer) and immediatly notified my dealer of it. i cant remember the exact explanation he gave me, but siad it was common in 300s. they offered to replace the dash if i really felt the need (but couldnt guarentee that it wouldnt reappear down the road)....but goin through all that trouble for something very unnoticable to me wasnt worth it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
ouch, i didnt notice the bumps on the front of the dash! that dosent look so good! has the car been exposed to alot of sun?

on second thought....id alert your dealer immediatly and get it taken care of

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Classy300C said:
About the only noticeable area on my dash is the slight rectangular protrusion where the front passenger air bag resides; otherwise, nothing else is noticeable....knock on wood. :shhh:

However, after having the 'TSB' performed to take care of that annoying 'clacking' sound (like a rock hitting my windshield), my dash has developed a periodic rattle which wasn't present prior to the 'TSB correction'...can't win for losing, I guess?. :ugh2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lennoxavesosa said:
ouch, i didnt notice the bumps on the front of the dash! that dosent look so good! has the car been exposed to alot of sun?

on second thought....id alert your dealer immediatly and get it taken care of
My car has a mfr date of 08/05 and hasn't been exposed to alot of sun...I guess I should take to the dealer and have them look at it before it gets worse

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
About the only noticeable area on my dash is the slight rectangular protrusion where the front passenger air bag resides; otherwise, nothing else is noticeable....knock on wood. :shhh:

However, after having the 'TSB' performed to take care of that annoying 'clacking' sound (like a rock hitting my windshield), my dash has developed a periodic rattle which wasn't present prior to the 'TSB correction'...can't win for losing, I guess?. :ugh2:
We had a periodic rattle develop not long after taking delivery and I was not real keen about crawling under the dash looking for it. Got the better of me over the festive season and I crawled under with a torch to straight away find that where the dash rolls under and meets the centre console there is a plastic tab which should push into a metal brackets and was not inserted correctly. Pretty pleased with my self fixing that rattle in thirty seconds.
Not sure how many of these brackets hold it all together but probably worth a quick glance
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts