Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You racing guys and gals who like to hot rod your C. How much rubber can you lay down? I dont hit it that hard very often but I typically just get a little"Chirp". Can you folks really smoke em with the esp off or on?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
ESP off - autostick in 1st - You walk on it - it will talk to you - loud and clear. How much rubber? Dunno - was never my objective - just want to go fast. Do have a story to tell, though. Chrysler did a Test Drive tour through Canada last spring. They let you drive their new cars through a tarmac circuit marked with cones. The ciruit allowed acceleration, sharp turning, slaloming and hard braking.

All kinds of folks showed up. The 300C / Magnum R/T circuit was very popular with the leadfoot crowd. At the "start" line, an attendant hosed down the tarmac with water to prevent tire "burnouts". After the start line was a 70 yard straight followed by a 360 degree pivot turn.

I did a couple of practice runs, one an a C; the other in a Magnum. I lined up for a 3rd run. when my time came, I was given a Magnum. After strapping in and adjusting the seat I turned off the ESP. I rolled up to the start.

Upon signal, I rolled slowly past the wet section - THEN LIT UP THE HEMI!!! Blue smoked it all the way to the 360 pylon. Tires nice and warm, threw the ass-end out, pressed the bumper to the pylon and did the driftin' pirouette. Snake, snake through the course then a full panic stop to hand the car over to a grandmotherly type for her test drive.

As I left the area, a Chrylser type came up to me and politely suggested that I had more than my fair share of runs. Grinning, I agreed. Got into my 300M Special, drove to my dealership and bought a black 300C.

·
Registered
375 Posts
just saved the magnum as my desktop background! SWEET!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts