Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and was not able to find any threads about this so far. I was curious if anyone else is using MusicMatch to burn their MP3's. I have not been able to get mine to work properly. When I burn a few of my cd's to MP3's, and then play them in the car, the order is all mixed up. It puts them in alphabetical order. I went through the program and made sure that the numberical/alphabetic sorting was turned off.

Is this a musicmatch problem that others have experienced?

Thanks

Shawn

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
I did a search and was not able to find any threads about this so far. I was curious if anyone else is using MusicMatch to burn their MP3's. I have not been able to get mine to work properly. When I burn a few of my cd's to MP3's, and then play them in the car, the order is all mixed up. It puts them in alphabetical order. I went through the program and made sure that the numberical/alphabetic sorting was turned off.

Is this a musicmatch problem that others have experienced?

Thanks

Shawn

So glad you posted this! I don't know your answer... But are you saying that if I have a bunch of CDs that I like some songs on, I can convert them to MP3 files? How many songs can I get on a cd?

Thanks for your assistance on this, I am a rookie and going through some of my CDs right now!!!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Blowndakrt,

I too use 'MMJB', and yes, it's been this way for quite sometime now...ever since their numerous 'upgrades'. I get around this by first converting the entire CD from .wav files to .mp3 files. Then, I number each track within the song/track title; i.e., 01 Hotel California - The Eagles, 02 Motorcycle Driver - Joe Satriani, 03 Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi, etc. This way, they'll remain in the order that I want them to stay.

HEMI4ME,

On the average, you can burn about 150 .mp3 files onto a single disc; however, this all depends upon the size of each track; i.e., the longer the song...the less you're able to put onto one disc.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Blowndakrt,

HEMI4ME,

On the average, you can burn about 150 .mp3 files onto a single disc; however, this all depends upon the size of each track; i.e., the longer the song...the less you're able to put onto one disc.
Any way to give a quick how to or where to? I have songs from CD I put in my Library on my MAC, will they convert to mp3?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would do a search for "cd to mp3". There are multiple programs you can download for free to see if they are as user friendly as their reviews state. You can also utilize a P2P program, but then you have to determine the legality of downloading the songs.

Oh, I have successfully placed up to 245 mp3's on one CD... All of which I personally made a backup from the original music CD from which I have purchased...:newangel:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Do you or anyone know the best place to do this? MAC Friendly...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Linda the one you recomend does not work with Mac, any suggestions for me?

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
HEMI4ME? said:
Linda the one you recomend does not work with Mac, any suggestions for me?
Not directly, but I just PM'd you...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr.DJ said:
Blowndakrt,

I too use 'MMJB', and yes, it's been this way for quite sometime now...ever since their numerous 'upgrades'. I get around this by first converting the entire CD from .wav files to .mp3 files. Then, I number each track within the song/track title; i.e., 01 Hotel California - The Eagles, 02 Motorcycle Driver - Joe Satriani, 03 Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi, etc. This way, they'll remain in the order that I want them to stay.

Duhhh, I knew it was something simple I was missing. I have wasted about 15 cds now trying out different settings. It shouldn't be too hard to go through my library and rename these files. I did some searching after I posted and according to their FAQ's, it is windows that puts them alphabetically. What was really weird, was I burned each track, one by one to a cd. Yes it took forever, but wanted to see if it would keep that order. Took it out the car and it was still alphabetical. I have no idea how it does that. You would think if I burned them one track at a time, it would not move them back to alphabetical order. So wantedt to make sure it was MusicMatch and not a setting on my factory deck.

Thanks You just save me a lot of headaches.

Shawn

·
Registered
272 Posts
HEMI4ME? said:
Any way to give a quick how to or where to? I have songs from CD I put in my Library on my MAC, will they convert to mp3?
Yes. Just use Itunes to burn your cd's.

go to preferences -burning- and select mp3 cd.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Problem

For some reason, it keeps mixing up 01 and 11. It actually swaps them. I have tried just numbering them 1 and 11, 01 and 11, 001 and 011, .1 and 11, but none of those have helped. I can't figure out why it is swapping those tracks.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
For some reason, it keeps mixing up 01 and 11. It actually swaps them. I have tried just numbering them 1 and 11, 01 and 11, 001 and 011, .1 and 11, but none of those have helped. I can't figure out why it is swapping those tracks.

Shawn
Have you tried using 01 & 011?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Mr.DJ said:
Have you tried using 01 & 011?

Yes. I have even tried numbering number one as 00. Still nothing. It automatically puts Track 11 as the first song. And whatever track I want as number one as track 11. Just keeps swapping those. The rest are in order so to speak.

Edit: Also, Just tried to swap the number part of the file names, and the songs do not move. They are still in the same spots.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
Yes. I have even tried numbering number one as 00. Still nothing. It automatically puts Track 11 as the first song. And whatever track I want as number one as track 11. Just keeps swapping those. The rest are in order so to speak.

Edit: Also, Just tried to swap the number part of the file names, and the songs do not move. They are still in the same spots.

Shawn
Are these .mp3 files located within the 'MMJB' Library Playlist or are they in a separate folder located on your computer's hard drive? I personally don't utilize the 'MMJB' Library Playlist myself, but pull tracks directly from a separate .mp3 folder which I have located on my hard drive. This way, I can easily control which individual tracks that I actually want to add to my CDR 'burn' list. If this is also what you are doing, then try not numbering the one that you want to be the first track on your 'burned' CDR. If that doesn't do it, then PM me and I'll help you further as to not bore our other forum members with our dialog. :wink1:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Can Any Mac users tell me if the songs that I bought from the iTunes store online can ever be converted to MP3 and then burned to a disc? I bought 17 of them for $.99 before I realized that you could not get them off the computer... I am an idiot.

It will not allow the songs to be converted to any other type of file, and it will not allow them to be burned at all...

·
Registered
272 Posts
HEMI4ME? said:
Can Any Mac users tell me if the songs that I bought from the iTunes store online can ever be converted to MP3 and then burned to a disc? I bought 17 of them for $.99 before I realized that you could not get them off the computer... I am an idiot.

It will not allow the songs to be converted to any other type of file, and it will not allow them to be burned at all...
Ouch. I get most of my .mp3 music using Limewire. There's no restrictions.

·
Registered
122 Posts
HEMI4ME? said:

Hey Paul, I got your PM about this but thought I'd answer you here so everyone can know about this:

Protected AAC files (the kind Apple sells through iTunes music store) cannot be converted to MP3 files as they have Digital Rights Management software built in to dissallow playing files on computers that aren't authorized. Converting to MP3 would strip this software and so the DRM doesn't allow that either.

That being said, you are allowed to burn an audio CD (different from an MP3 CD) with these AAC files - that's "fair use". So, what you can do to get around the DRM software is burn a regular audio CD, then just import the songs back as MP3's off of said CD. It can be a pain in the butt with a ton of songs, but since you only have 17 I'd say do it. All you have to do is go into Preferences > Burning and click on Audio CD. Then make a playlist to burn, burn it, then import the tracks back again. Once finished, go back to Preferences > Burning and change it back to MP3 CD so you can burn as you were before.

I've tried to stay away from iTunes music store for this reason and others like only being able to download songs once (I've lost a couple of albums 'cause of that stupid rule), their poor selection and the fact that I like to have physical CD's in my CD case.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For those who are interested in using iTunes, here's a little tutorial I did for HEMI4ME via PM, thought I'd post it for the rest of the forum. This tutorial will work for both Mac and PC versions of iTunes.

HEMI4ME? said:
I read your post, and have a question, I am a MAC newbie, and have 150 songs in my Library burned from CDs that I own. I simply put the discs in, chose the songs and added them to the library. What do I need to get these songs to MP3 format and then to a CD that will hold say these songs?

If you can help, i'd appreciate it!

Paul
Hey Paul,
No problem. I'm always happy to help people learn the wonders that are Macintosh. Using iTunes is a great way to burn MP3 CD's with little effort. Obviously you've already figured out the Importing of CD's to your iTunes Library, so we'll go straight to getting them ready to burn and then burning.

Step 1: Make sure you're working with MP3's. iTunes defaults to importing CD tracks in AAC format, which will not play in the 300 radio. You can check if your tracks are already MP3's by selecting a song and opening File > Get Info then looking at the format area.

To change this for the next time you import from CD's:
Go into Preferences

and make sure of two things: that your Import setting is MP3 not AAC

and that your Burning selection is MP3 not Audio CD

Step 2: Convert your tracks to MP3's. If the tracks are AAC, Apple Lossless Encoder you'll need to convert them. To do this simply highlight your tracks (in your case probably all of them) and go to the Advanced menu, then select Convert to MP3.

BE SURE NOT TO CLICK ANYWHERE AFTER THIS PROCESS AS IT WILL UN-HIGHLIGHT THE TRACKS YOU'VE SELECTED. When that process is done you can simply delete all of the highlighted songs since you'll no longer need the AAC or ALE versions.

Step 3: Make a playlist. In the lower right-hand corner you'll see a + sign. This creates a new playlist.

Do so and copy your tracks into it. You can re-order the tracks to make them play how you want on the CD.

Step 4: Burn the disc. Once you have your tracks in the order you like, insert a blank CD-R. In the upper right hand corner of iTunes you'll see the Burn icon. Click it and follow the instructions.

Once you're done you should have an MP3 CD you can play in the 300!

This process gives you a CD that is ordered only by the playlist order. You can easily put songs from the same artist, or of the same genre next to each other by using the info columns to auto-order the songs. Simply click the column title you want to use to order the songs.

However, the 300 MP3 stereo offers the ability to read directory structures (folders on a data CD). So, what can be done to REALLY organize things is use folders for artists or albums or an album folder in an artist folder, etc..
On a Mac there are two options for burning a disc like this: use Mac's built in burning function through the Finder or buy software like Roxio's Toast which will facilitate burning with greater reliability and flexibility.

To use Mac's built in burning capabilities simply insert a blank CD-R into the computer, drag and drop whatever folders you like onto the CD-R icon on the desktop, then drag the CD-R icon to the trash (which has turned into a little round yellow and black icon) follow the prompts to finish the burn then you're done.

A little note about finding MP3's when using iTunes: in Preferences there's a setting under the Advanced tab called "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" which I believe is checked by default. If it is not checked I advice checking it as this is a super easy way to organize all your music. It does require that you have the Artist, Album, and Song Title fields entered in to work properly. If this is done right then you should just be able to go into the iTunes Music folder and find folder's for all the artists you have songs from, then inside each one a folder with the album name, then inside that the songs from that album. This makes burning CD's with folders in them very easy.

Hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts