Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a newbie from canada and i already own a 05c and i wus wondering if a hemi is a good chioce will it give me any problems will the gas give me more then at least 400-450km ,black exterior, full chrome package dvd/navi leather heated seats fully loaded i am getting it for about 20g's cnd and it has 85,xxx kms on it

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
im a newbie from canada and i already own a 05c and i wus wondering if a hemi is a good chioce will it give me any problems will the gas give me more then at least 400-450km ,black exterior, full chrome package dvd/navi leather heated seats fully loaded i am getting it for about 20g's cnd and it has 85,xxx kms on it
I assume you mean that you bought a 300C 5.7 but haven't had it long. The Hemi is an awesome motor and gets good mileage for its power and the type of car it has to haul. I get about 10 L/km highway and about 15 around town. If you baby it, say 100 kph with cruise on, no air conditioning, I have seen as good as 8.4 L/100 km. The Hemi motor itself is very reliable. If people have problems with these cars, it is more likely to be electronics or such. That said, I bought mine (2005) used and have had zero problems in two years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well no i already have a 05 300 but it is not hemi, i am giong to get a hemi i just wanted to know if it gives close enuff mileage to 400-450km and i hope im getting a good deal on it 20g's with all those options thanks for the quick reply

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Scotland. My 300C is diesel powered with a 3 litre Mercedes Benz engine under the bonnet (hood) - but that is not an available option in North America. Other than that I can't help you (obviously).
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome aboard!! I'll put some Canadian attractant in your title to lure some members in that might be able to help...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
well no i already have a 05 300 but it is not hemi, i am giong to get a hemi i just wanted to know if it gives close enuff mileage to 400-450km and i hope im getting a good deal on it 20g's with all those options thanks for the quick reply
Are you asking how many kilometers you will get from a tank of gas? Assuming you don't drain it dry, putting in about 60 litres, you will get about 400 to 450 km around town (depending whether it is stop and go or smoothly flowing traffic) and on the highway about 600 km. Drive like grandma and get closer to 700 km. That's my experience.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Looks like robaustin answered your questions. Also, keep in mind that the 5.7 HEMI also has MDS which can help to give you more km/l if you are able to drive in conditions that are condusive to enabling MDS.

I don't think you will have one regret for moving up to the HEMI engine.

Good luck!
bruno

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

Welcome to the forums! Looks like robaustin answered your questions. Also, keep in mind that the 5.7 HEMI also has MDS which can help to give you more km/l if you are able to drive in conditions that are condusive to enabling MDS.

I don't think you will have one regret for moving up to the HEMI engine.

Good luck!
bruno
Excellent info, Bruno!

-Aaron

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks for all the help guyz but i stuck to my original 300c , did some mods to it rims, grill etc i am giong to post the pictures in the other section check it out tell me what u think

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well thanks for all the help guyz but i stuck to my original 300c , did some mods to it rims, grill etc i am giong to post the pictures in the other section check it out tell me what u think
welcome to the forums, btw 300c refers to the 300 with the hemi, i think thats why some members were confused. Where are you located in canada cause i might be able to point you in the direction of a place where you can get a good deal on a 300C.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea im located in canada but i stuck with my original 300 , jus did few mods i posted some pictures up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts