Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys have been looking into getting some new wheels (22 inch) and have found some awesome deals and unique ones through america's ebay motors. shipping ranges from $400 - $600 US. my questions are

1 what is the offset range that will fit my 5.7 without any mods?

2 has anyone else purchased this way and what was their experience?

one of the sets i am looking at is

5 x 115
+13mm offset
22" x 9.5"
$895 US + postage

thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
Im think the off set needs to be +15 or +18 give ozzy tires a call they will tell you over the phone.

Becareful of cheap rims, chrome can be poor.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The other thing to watch is that if the total cost of the wheels plus shipping is over $1000 then you will be up for customs duty, which can add quite a bit to the cost. There are a couple of ways around this, you can send the wheels one or two at a time or you can send them to a friend in the USA, they then foward them to you, since they are now secondhand, there is no duty I beleive.

There are some good savings to be had but as Air22 has said you need to watch the quality, it is a long way to send them back, so stick to well known brands and stay away from the real cheap stuff.

I have had good success with importing other components from suppliers in the states, just need to watch the shipping as it can make or break the deal and there are a lot of options available.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got Mine From The Usa, $400 Shipped To My Door With A Company Called Bax Global, Had Them Send The Wheels As Two Separate Shipments. The Offset Is 18+mm.

Hope That Helps

Qantasman

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
I found it best to get buy them and get them fitted at the same time as getting the 22s balanced can be a pain.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I dont think there is particularly a good set or bad set these days, most of them are average.

I have what they think is a "good set" yet the plastic inserts on all of them have melted and i have had to get them replaced.

I also know another with quite expensive rims (different style and BRAND) and has had the same problems as myself.

Comes down to luck of the draw hahahahaha

Call around cause ozzy arent the be all and end all.

but yeh +15 and +18 will both work depending on the rim width.

*2 cents*

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Got Mine From The Usa, $400 Shipped To My Door With A Company Called Bax Global, Had Them Send The Wheels As Two Separate Shipments. The Offset Is 18+mm.

Hope That Helps

Qantasman
I have had items shipped by Bax too. They are more competitive and the service is great.

·
Registered
859 Posts
You should check around locally for a wheels and tire package, most wheels shops will be able to get you any wheel your looking for.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Another thing to do is use ebay as a bargaining tool at your local rim shop... Just say "hey I am gonna buy these rims can you do...."? Put your price in, they will probably match, especially if you walk in with a wad of CASH. Then don't forget to add to the "paid cash" thread! Oh and post pics too. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the wheels I am probably going to settle on are TIS 09's the total shipped price is $1800 US which should convert to approx $1920 or so. the only thing I need to work out is how much getting them through customs ie import taxes is going to be. does anyone know roughly what tax/fee is payable (ie 10%, 20%) on bringing in parts over $1000. and also what these wheels are worth in Australia.

thanks guys

·
Registered
933 Posts
the wheels I am probably going to settle on are TIS 09's the total shipped price is $1800 US which should convert to approx $1920 or so. the only thing I need to work out is how much getting them through customs ie import taxes is going to be. does anyone know roughly what tax/fee is payable (ie 10%, 20%) on bringing in parts over $1000. and also what these wheels are worth in Australia.

thanks guys
Does this price include tyres too? If so, HOLY CRAP BATMAN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey rockie 300c , what mine are you at, i looked at gettin some wheels from the U S but decided to get them thru a dealer in oz so that if i had any problems it would be easy to deal with than overseas.
im at yeppoon with a silver 300c also.

kippa

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Welcome kippa. Good to have another remote Queenslander on the Forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi again, no the package does not include tyres

and hi kippa I work at grasstree mine near middlemount. for 7 days and then home to gracemere for 7.

also I just ordered a grip grille from ebay, so I will post some pics after installing....

·
Registered
3 Posts
re silver 300c

hi again, no the package does not include tyres

and hi kippa I work at grasstree mine near middlemount. for 7 days and then home to gracemere for 7.

also I just ordered a grip grille from ebay, so I will post some pics after installing....
hi rockhampton 300c. i take it that you have the silver 300c i see parked under cover at the single mens accomadation in middlemount as i work at bundoora mine.
just home for the weekend and looking at putting new grille in and mesh inserts near fogs and cold air intake which arrived this week.
might see you out there one day and have a chat.

kippa.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
It took me 4 months to get a set of rims shipped from the states for my wifes PT cruiser. After an inspection as of a constant leak in the front left tyre we have found there is a hairline crack in the rim as it is a second.
Looks like I'll have to put the original rims back on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey kippa, yeah that would be my car. what CAI did you get, i put a mopar intake on about 6 weeks ago, love the sound. will definantly say hi (small world!).

thanks for the warning michaelr, the place I was looking at appears to be reputable. (it is a risk though)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Are You Guys From Rocky Going To Chryslers Cruisin Rocky, I Wont Be Able To Make It But I Think Steve From Rdp Is Going.

Rockhampton300c How Did You Go With Your Exhaust? I Have A Used Twin 2.5" That Didnt Work Good Enough On My Srt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Are You Guys From Rocky Going To Chryslers Cruisin Rocky, I Wont Be Able To Make It But I Think Steve From Rdp Is Going.

Rockhampton300c How Did You Go With Your Exhaust? I Have A Used Twin 2.5" That Didnt Work Good Enough On My Srt

first I have heard of it, when is it on and where do u know?

what type of exhaust system is it, I am still waiting for prices (shipped) on the corsa system from the states (everybody seems to agree they are among the best for the 5.7).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts