Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK! All 300 Lovers, what are you using to enhance the look of your awesome machine. I'm looking to purchase the "System one -X3 system." I do have very light visible marring and swirls in some areas, and I know this would be way to tidious to take on by hand.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
IMO surface swirl repair requires a light hand with a dual-action rotary and appropriate compound/polish and pad. It's something mostly gained through experience (not that I have much). And unlike many might advise, you CAN damage the paint by mis-use of even a dual-action device... so take care.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's Black! Yes, I have considered using a pc, however, there just seems to be multiple steps involved with all the various pads and polishes, longer result times etc...I want to SIMPLIFY. I really think the SYTEM ONE X3 would work. Now , I know you have an interest at representing the "Porter Cable" and by which, I do not in any way, dispute it's capabilities.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
You want to stay far away from a high speed rotary unless you are very, VERY experienced and know for sure what you're doing. With those it is extremely easy to hurt the finish.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I use the porter cable every 6 months wheneverI put on my sealant OR if I see a minor swirl/scratch I want to get out. Just get youself a 6'' and 3'' pad and YOUR CHOICE of wax/sealants/scratch removers etc. The 3" is really good for getting small swirls and scratches out.

As noted by gooftim you still need to be carefull with the PC although 99% of the time amatures like us will be ok...I had a FREAK accident and actually ended up marring my hood with a dime like mark under the clear....fortunately the dealer repainted my entire hood no cost.....good luck

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
The Porter Cable is Random Orbital it is not fast enough, or will it produce enough heat to hurt the finish. Anyone could use it even if it was there first time!

Hey musicdjs,

If you want to keep it simple you can use a Swirl and Haze Remover with Polish on the same pad by Hand, 1 Part SHR and 2 Parts Polish. Then you can follow that up with a good wax! That is a good Two Step process!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The Porter Cable is Random Orbital it is not fast enough, or will it produce enough heat to hurt the finish. Anyone could use it even if it was there first time!

Hey musicdjs,

If you want to keep it simple you can use a Swirl and Haze Remover with Polish on the same pad by Hand, 1 Part SHR and 2 Parts Polish. Then you can follow that up with a good wax! That is a good Two Step process!

Thanks,
WRONG - I did this with my PC! Notice the circle marring that was under the clear....

·
Registered
2,508 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Goherd90, you mean that mishap occured with a rotary, RIGHT.
Nope..with the porter cable. Call it unlucky..which it probably was but I just want everyone to know it CAN happen. Yes I used too much of an aggessive 3" pad and applied too much pressure....BUT be careful. I'm sure 99% will be ok...I will the idiot 1%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts