Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new scanner has picked up code c2204, which is a dynamic sensor, which I assume is located somewhere inside the car.

Does anyone know or could check for me where this faulty part lives.

I searched on Google but cannot find any info of it's location. The sooner I could locate this part the better as it needs replacing. It also has thrown 2 lights esb & bas lights. Originally I thought it was one of the wheel sensors but it's not that.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think you just saved me here. I thought I needed to dig under the dash but the diagram shows its housed within the centre console area, which is much easier to get to.

And thanks to you I've also sourced the part :biggthump

The module is also known as the traction control module and hopefully I'll get to it when I'm free at the weekend and report back.

We seem to learn a lot on this site!!

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, I'm all sorted now.

I replaced the module which lives under the centre consule next to the front passenger side seat belt retensioner.

The BAS and ESP lights automatically delumininate after quarter mile of driving and did not need a scan tool for a reset.

I must say the experience of driving without traction control is somewhat lively and fun. So I decided to splice the voilet/light blue tracer wire which is the power supply and soldered it to a rocker switch to interupt power supply when I want it totally turned off.

The dashboard ESP button only reduces traction control ability by 60% but it's never fully disabled.

Here's the module, it was very easy to replace. I hope this thread comes to some use should someone find themselves in similar situation or simply want to fully disable traction control on the fly.

The module is also know as the YAW module or commonly known as the traction control module and the part number is also the same for most Chrysler Dodge Jeep vehicles of this period.

Thanks everyone for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
badgx
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing