Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

c300 vs e500

6K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  II kings 9:20 
#1 · (Edited)
300c Vs E500

hi,

i have benz e500 (2004) if we forget about the diffrence in price do u think its worth it to change my lovely benz and buy c300? please help me guysss :confused:

#2 ·
If I could afoord the E500, I would likely own it over the 300C. However, that does not dimish how wonderful, fast, competent and pretty I think my car is. However, there is nothing on the market that can match the fit and finish, quality of workmaship and materials and "all of a piece" feeling currently offered on the high end German brands, not even my beautiful 300C.

#3 ·
You'd be surprised how much like a Mercedes the 300C really is.
Getting out of my mother's '03 C320 and into my '05 300C it always amazes me how much DCX drew from the MB parts bin. Unnaturally, the 300C is much quieter inside underway, rides smoother, and of course is alot faster. The quality of your E500 probably exceeds that of the 300C, but you never know - try one out and "C", the results might surprise you.

#4 · (Edited)
I would agree with the above, as one who normally buys German (6 MB, 2 BMW, and 2 Ford) the 300c is quite impressive. It is not as Germanic as MB but very close, and of course the Hemi makes it worth considering. It has the shizzle, well worth the test drive. Funny how MB use to be "all that" now they are so commonplace they don't even register as special (save a few models). I remember when as a kid, a 72 280SEL 4.5 was unique and had much shizzle compared to a DeVille. Now the 300C and STS are the shizzle , my how times change.

#7 ·
E500's are nice. But, $20,000 more nice? I don't think so. I had the chance to drive one, and I'm not willing to fork out 20k more to say I drive an E500.

Sure it might be a bit better all around. But lets be serious, 20k is more then a bit more money.

The fact that your considering the 300C in comparison to the E500 is saying a lot already.

Not many other times where we are comparing a 35k car and a 60k car.
If you have that much money to blow I would be looking at E55 AMG, I love that ride. When I pay 60k for a car it better be faster then any car chrysler makes, and even though the "C" is only a little bit faster, its still faster for 20k less, and rides just as smooth.

If we spent 20k on top of the 300C's MSRP to match the E500 extra finish, the 300C would beat the E500's every superior characteristic and then some. Just my thoughts.

What do you want, Gucci sun glasses or Ray Ban? Truth is the Ray Ban are better, but then you can't say you have Gucci sun glasses then.

#8 ·
First300COwner said:
E500's are nice. But, $20,000 more nice? I don't think so. I had the chance to drive one, and I'm not willing to fork out 20k more to say I drive an E500.

Sure it might be a bit better all around. But lets be serious, 20k is more then a bit more money.

The fact that your considering the 300C in comparison to the E500 is saying a lot already.

Not many other times where we are comparing a 35k car and a 60k car.
If you have that much money to blow I would be looking at E55 AMG, I love that ride. When I pay 60k for a car it better be faster then any car chrysler makes, and even though the "C" is only a little bit faster, its still faster for 20k less, and rides just as smooth.

If we spent 20k on top of the 300C's MSRP to match the E500 extra finish, the 300C would beat the E500's every superior characteristic and then some. Just my thoughts.

What do you want, Gucci sun glasses or Ray Ban? Truth is the Ray Ban are better, but then you can't say you have Gucci sun glasses then.
I would take a 300C hemi over the E500. my car previous to this was C43 AMG there can move it was nice two tone interior boss stereo system the whole nine. when i was trading my car in i test drove the C i was begging the Dealer to let me take the car off the lot that day. i think this car is built great. plus 40% or more of the parts are from the E500. i have a buddy of mine how drives a E500 sport and is trying to get a 300C instead but the dealerships out here are out of stock and the wait is to long for him.

#12 ·
I traded in a C230 for the 300c, not in the same league as a E500, but actually drove the E500 as a consideration instead of the 300c. The two vehicles are similar in many respects with the MB in my opinion winning in the interior department and some of the creature comfort areas, slightly better computer, driver and passenger programmable seats, although the UConnect in the 300c is the bomb. The 300c did better, again just my opinion, with engine power (hands down), better headlights (with HID option) and ride noise (who would have guessed). Both share several obvious aspects in common, seat controls, windshield wiper and cruise control pod, steering wheel with controls, headlight control features, rain sensor, air conditioning set-up, adjustable foot controls, and of course the tranny. I did chose the 300c because there were so much in common with the ride and engine power bonus and have been really happy so far. The attention to materials and detail is better in the Benz and I do admit that I miss the MB key (or really lack of) and I really don't think that the Chrysler service department will be as good or as easy to deal with as the MB department was (at least in Hawai'i), but I haven't gone to Chrysler yet. If you are a driver and enjoy driving the 300c would probably be and was my choice the Hemi engine is great.

#15 ·
II kings 9:20 said:
I hate MB's new nomenclature, I like the old 450SEL, 450SLC, 300E etc, new and improved ha, that implies what we had was old and cruddy.
I never thought the old scheme made common sence. It appears all these cars were E's but different size engines, but one was a W201 chassis and the other a W124:

190E
300E

and then someone drive up with a a 300SDL and it is W140 big body style with nothing to do with the previous 300E. It was goofy! :D :D :D

#16 · (Edited)
I hear you Kev but the old school made pretty good sense,
:D
300SDL = 3 litre, S Class Diesel, LWB,
450SEL 4.5 litre, S Class, Einsprintzer fuel injection, Lwb
280SE 2.8 litre, S Class, E fuel injection
280SE 4.5 (same as above with 4.5 litres)
190E 2.2 1.9 litre E injection, 2.2 upgrade
300E 3litre E injection

The mid 90s w124 added a new class namely the E (E320) which was the same E as the old fuel injection, it indeed became cornfusing. My 87 300E was not an E class, it was a 3 litre E injection. Regardless of the class or scheme, MB cars should have the numbers first then letters because as General Manager of the Universe that's how I think it should be.

#18 ·
II kings 9:20 said:
I hear you Kev but the old school made pretty good sense,
:D
300SDL = 3 litre, S Class Diesel, LWB,
450SEL 4.5 litre, S Class, Einsprintzer fuel injection, Lwb
280SE 2.8 litre, S Class, E fuel injection
280SE 4.5 (same as above with 4.5 litres)
190E 2.2 1.9 litre E injection, 2.2 upgrade
300E 3litre E injection

The mid 90s w124 added a new class namely the E (E320) which was the same E as the old fuel injection, it indeed became cornfusing. My 87 300E was not an E class, it was a 3 litre E injection. Regardless of the class or scheme, MB cars should have the numbers first then letters because as General Manager of the Universe that's how I think it should be.
GM? What - not Supreme Commander? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.