Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im assuming that many of you are running similar setups on here. What kind of power are you seeing? Ive been told to expect roughly 8whp for each listed mod from a respectable tuner. Is this what everyone else is seeing or have i been misinformed?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
The Throttle Body is unnecessary unless you are doing heads and cam, so no gain there. The 180 stat does not add HP, it just prevents loss due to heat soak, so no gain there. SRTs breath pretty well stock so not much gain from the CAI and Cat Back. The only real gain will be from the tune. I'm not sure what you can get from a tune on an SRT. A true Dyno Tune would get you the most. Other members can tell you what you can expect from a tune.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
It's more cumulative than stacking when it comes to gains...

I would expect around 20-30whp with the largest gain coming from a good clean tune. You will gain nothing from a larger TB without a power adder or some major displacement gains, so skip on by that one. Catbacks really gain more sound than power and usually gain in a cumulative sense when mixed with other mods. The intake, choose wisely and look to LMI as many will gain nothing or even lose a few ponies, LMI units make power on our cars, as do AFE products.

The Tstat isn't going to gain you anything... however it will keep your temps down as our cars suffer some large performance loses as temps creep past 195 and heatsoak starts causing timing pulling KR.

What you have planned is a great round of mods.. your car will feel much more nimble and will roll out hard, just don't focus on numbers too much. ;)

Reactions: Jim910

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
^ Hahaha... same exact info posted at the same time... great minds think alike!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgive me for my ignorance as i am formally a subaru guy. This tuner(which was recommended directly from diablo) suggested this setup over LT headers, mid pipes and catback. it sounds like i should hold off and just purchase a super charger. i suppose i should have done more research when it came to adding power to this car. i dont want this monster to be significantly slower than my subaru for much longer but seems like that will be the case unless i drop a ton of money.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
forgive me for my ignorance as i am formally a subaru guy. This tuner(which was recommended directly from diablo) suggested this setup over LT headers, mid pipes and catback. it sounds like i should hold off and just purchase a super charger. i suppose i should have done more research when it came to adding power to this car. i dont want this monster to be significantly slower than my subaru for much longer but seems like that will be the case unless i drop a ton of money.
Ok... so... let's start this off differently... you obviously have a goal in mind, quicker than the scooby, so what did it turn in the 1/4 and 0-60... then we can get you there.

Right now a 392 should be in the 12's and running mid to high 4's in the 0-60. So if it's 'significantly' slower then your Sub was rolling hard and obviously modded to heck as well as then STI car's I run are quick, but not that quick in stock form.

So let us know where you were, we know where you are starting from, lets get you where you need to be. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok... so... let's start this off differently... you obviously have a goal in mind, quicker than the scooby, so what did it turn in the 1/4 and 0-60... then we can get you there.

Right now a 392 should be in the 12's and running mid to high 4's in the 0-60. So if it's 'significantly' slower then your Sub was rolling hard and obviously modded to heck as well as then STI car's I run are quick, but not that quick in stock form.

So let us know where you were, we know where you are starting from, lets get you where you need to be. ;)
11.7 1/4mile...intake, catless downpipe, catback exhaust, re-circulation valve(similar to blow off but vents back into system), electronic boost controller, fuel pump, fmic, healthy tune.

i would be disappointed to be slower than my old subaru.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Right... If that is what you are chasing your going to need to play harder than just a cai, exhaust, tune and tstat.

Your Subaru was also damn near if not a full 1000lbs lighter than the SRT, that is no joke... you may have similar or more hp right now but with all that weight your going to have to make a significant jump.

If it's just a goal of the same as your Subaru, you could continue with your round of mods you have planned which will wake up your car in the daily drive and make it a very formidable foe. Then for the track a fairly inexpensive quick way into the 11.7 range at the track is a 100-125 shot.

My personal view after doing motor mods, trying nitrous and ending up with a blower... is if you have the money skip to the blower and run 11's out of the box. But if you want to keep the budget smart then there is a way to work your way there more slowly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not a nitrous fan. well i suppose ill just sit on my piggy bank for the time being. may as well get the tuner for starters. who have you used for tunes in the past?

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Stick with Johan ([email protected]), works for Diablo and knows his stuff, great tunes, great price. After that AJ, but try Johan first.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Get the Diablosport tuner of your choice as you can use it now, use if for custom tunes from Johan and then use it to load a custom tune after you 've added forced induction. That's the beauty of those programmers...they can hold multiple tunes and they are easy to download to the car.

So start with the tuner and get a custom one from Johan via email or find a DiabloSport authorized CMR tuner in your area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts