Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep noticing the cai kits on ebay for the 300c for 49.00. This includes the tube and k&n cone air filter and necessary bracketery to hook it up. It appears to look as good as the k&n typhoon system which sells for 200.00 on ebay. Anyone try one of these? I know they only add 3 horsepower or so but like the looks.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Jimmy said:
I keep noticing the cai kits on ebay for the 300c for 49.00. This includes the tube and k&n cone air filter and necessary bracketery to hook it up. It appears to look as good as the k&n typhoon system which sells for 200.00 on ebay. Anyone try one of these? I know they only add 3 horsepower or so but like the looks.
Jimmy,
For $49.00 I would not touch it.
Also, I dont think its a K&N air filter, its probably K&N air filter type.
Be careful not to buy a no name.
Do you have the link so I can see it for myself because I paid $65.00 for my K&N cone air filter alone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to ebay.com type in 300C and when you get there you will find it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would go with the motto you get what you pay for. i would never get any CAI for $49.00. just my .02

·
Registered
226 Posts
I made my own TB to MAF pipe for my last car. 90 degree elbows are very easy to come by as are aluminum pipes in 3" OD cut to any length. You can just add a universal K&N filter at that point. Clamps and all can be had for under $100. The problem with K&N among others is no sealed air box. As the outside temp increases and underhood temps increase performance with inevitably go down or be a wash at best.

The CTS-V's airbox was hard to improve on with the after market ones. In fact the Volant actually dyno'd lower than the stock one. Has anyone dyno'd an aftermarket CAI for the SRT's yet? GSM? Anyone? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
cvp33 said:
I made my own TB to MAF pipe for my last car. 90 degree elbows are very easy to come by as are aluminum pipes in 3" OD cut to any length. You can just add a universal K&N filter at that point. Clamps and all can be had for under $100. The problem with K&N among others is no sealed air box. As the outside temp increases and underhood temps increase performance with inevitably go down or be a wash at best.

The CTS-V's airbox was hard to improve on with the after market ones. In fact the Volant actually dyno'd lower than the stock one. Has anyone dyno'd an aftermarket CAI for the SRT's yet? GSM? Anyone? Just curious.
You very much correct about K&N not having a sealed aribox to keep the hot air out, so what I did was I got the Airaid intake system and swapped out the airaid filter with a K&N filter.
pretty good setup so far.

·
Registered
226 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
You very much correct about K&N not having a sealed aribox to keep the hot air out, so what I did was I got the Airaid intake system and swapped out the airaid filter with a K&N filter.
pretty good setup so far.
What part number are you using for your AirRaid set up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts