Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, i am taking a trip from Washington down to las vegas to see my family. i am driving through cali this time because WA/ID/UT is all trashed with snow and what not. i cant cross the passes. i will have precious cargo on board.

i am trying to find the easiest route from I-5 to I-15 to las vegas. i dont want to go through the L.A. area because it is insane. can you guys give me the best route with the least resistance? also, what is the name of the mountain pass in northern cali? i am trying to look it up so i can check the weather report. thanks in advance

i wanna throw my 22's on and cruise in style down there! i still need a window tint too!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There is no easy way coming from Northern California. You would have to take the 5 through "the grape vine" which is the mountain just before LA. But see you would already be back tracking by atleast 3 or 4 hours. If that isn't a problem, you would hit the 210 E which will get you to the 15N. This would allow you to avoid the LA B.S., but Pasadena on the 210 isn't all that great either.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never driven to Vegas, so I am no help.
I did a google map and it says to take an entirely different route.
But Oregon and California is a much more scenic route.

i have driven this route several times before. i am not going to take it this time. the snow passes are bad getting there and it would delay me tons. i might take the 210 to I-15 but i am not sure yet. it seems like the main route to get there. i see some back roads before you get to the 210 but i dont know if they are any good. anyone drive any of these roads around edwards afb?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts