Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED SOME HELP, I HAVE AN 06 300C WITH THE 5.7, I HAVE A CAI, SUPERCHIP, FLOWMASTERS EXHAUST, WHAT IM LOOKING FOR IS MUCH MORE POWER, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS CALIFORNIA SMOG, ALL THE SHOPS I TALK TO AROUND HERE KEEP TELLING ME DIFFERENT STORIES ABOUT WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO AND PASS SMOG HERE IN CA, WHAT MY QUESTION IS TO MY FRIENDS HERE IN CA IS WHAT IS BEST SET UP ON MY 5.7 THAT I CAN USE TO SQEEZE EVERY DROP OF HP OUT OF MY MOTOR AND STILL PASS SMOG, DONT CARE ABOUT LEGAL OR ILLEGAL , JUST WANT POWER PERFORMANCE , AND PASS MY DAMM SMOG TEST..... ANY HELP GREATLY APRICIATED.....

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I NEED SOME HELP, I HAVE AN 06 300C WITH THE 5.7, I HAVE A CAI, SUPERCHIP, FLOWMASTERS EXHAUST, WHAT IM LOOKING FOR IS MUCH MORE POWER, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS CALIFORNIA SMOG, ALL THE SHOPS I TALK TO AROUND HERE KEEP TELLING ME DIFFERENT STORIES ABOUT WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO AND PASS SMOG HERE IN CA, WHAT MY QUESTION IS TO MY FRIENDS HERE IN CA IS WHAT IS BEST SET UP ON MY 5.7 THAT I CAN USE TO SQEEZE EVERY DROP OF HP OUT OF MY MOTOR AND STILL PASS SMOG, DONT CARE ABOUT LEGAL OR ILLEGAL , JUST WANT POWER PERFORMANCE , AND PASS MY DAMM SMOG TEST..... ANY HELP GREATLY APRICIATED.....
I escaped the People's Republik of Kalifornia 15 years ago, but I'm sure the smog laws have only gotten stricter since 1993.

You say you don't care about 'legal or illegal' but then you say you want to "pass my damm smog test"......... the ONLY way you can be certain you will pass your Kalifornia smog check with aftermarket performance parts is if they have been issued an E.O. (executive order) number from the C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board).

If you have aftermarket parts that have NOT been issued an E.O. number, you can fail the smog check EVEN IF YOUR TAILPIPE EMMISSIONS ARE WITHIN THE LEGAL LIMITS. Of course you MAY get away with it, if they are not obvious to the tech or if he decides to give you a break. But the C.A.R.B. also send decoys out to smog shops just to make sure they are not 'looking the other way' on certain things like that. If the technician gets caught passing you when he shouldn't he can face a HUGE fine and so can his employer.

The best way to increase your performance and still be absolutely certain you will pass your smog check, would be to trade that "C" in on a 300C-SRT8!

Not sure if this helps you.... I'm so glad I escaped; I should probably feel guilty but I don't :biggrin:

·
Registered
465 Posts
if you have CARB stickers from each component, stick them under your hood! i know not everything has those but most intakes come with them. i would keep all smog documentation that comes from the manufacturer in case of problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does Anyone Know If Their Is Such A Thing As A Smog Free County, In Ca , Where You Dont Have To Smog Your Car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Im Trying To Figure Out Is Can I Replace Cam, Lifters , And Heads And Pass Smog... I Know Alot Of You Have Done This Any Smog Problems Yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been into performance diesel for so long I forgot all about Ca. smog laws. Everything I own is deisel and haven't had to play the states game for the last 12 years, I guess I am going to have to think hard about mods vs smog laws

·
Registered
243 Posts
What Im Trying To Figure Out Is Can I Replace Cam, Lifters , And Heads And Pass Smog... I Know Alot Of You Have Done This Any Smog Problems Yet?
i just moved out of cali about 2 years ago... and all cars that i owned (hondas) are all semi built when it came to the motor... and ive always paid extra for smog checks...

i was told by a friend that once you change cams... it alters the diagnotstic reading which would instantly fail your smog test... not sure if its true with 300C but atleast with hondas it did....

i hate cali....hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts