Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my replacement piece today and finished installing my NYC Dashes kit. Overall it was easy to install. The kit included very little primer so with the info from another post (sorry wanted to give credit but I couldn't find the post again) I ordered 3M 94 Primer from a company in TX and primed for every piece. Here are the before/after shots.

The door shots include aspendogs leather arm rests.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pics really don't do it justice. When I originally saw pics of other cars here I planned on leave the center natural. The pictures looked like way too much wood. Several of my friends made the same comment. But, everyone changed their opinion when they saw it in person. I dry fitted the pieces and asked their opinion and each they changed their mind and suggested I install the whole kit.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Which Kits was this from NYC Dashes? Is this the synthetic or real. Was there a reason you did not install the piece over the rearview mirror? I like the leather armrests, did you just install those over the wood trim?

Looks great!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TheSRTSaint said:
Which Kits was this from NYC Dashes? Is this the synthetic or real. Was there a reason you did not install the piece over the rearview mirror? I like the leather armrests, did you just install those over the wood trim?

Looks great!
It the OEM kit for the California Walnut. The mirror trim doesn't fit the U-connect mirror. NYC Dashes claim they can't make the trim because it would be too thin but the trim around the Nav is much thinner.

I applied the arm rest over the wood trim. Aspendog did a good job, I'm very pleased with the arm rests and the console cover. I followed another member's suggestion and put 1/2 padding under the console cover, very nice.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The arm rest looks great
How can I get one?
Are they for sale?

·
Registered
639 Posts
roaringmouse said:
the trim around the Nav is much thinner.
Did you just mount over the brushed aluminum center console trim? Could that have been removed and the mounted?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Lik2race said:
The arm rest looks great
How can I get one?
Are they for sale?
Did you read the very first post?

·
Registered
173 Posts
roaring mouse, thank you so much for an awesome before and after post. you have made me want the arm rests, and the dash kit, where i was on the edge for both before.

i think that the mirror piece just looks out of place, i can undertand all the other wood pieces but that one just looks terrible (IMHO)...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TheSRTSaint said:
Did you just mount over the brushed aluminum center console trim? Could that have been removed and the mounted?

I installed over the aluminum. I don't know for sure but I don't think you can removed the aluminum and have something left to install to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I bought the Cruiser I had just wrecked my '64 Lincoln Convertible, and I was devastated, thought nothing could be as fun to drive as the Lincoln. Then after owning the PT for awhile, customizing and having a blast, I see the Crossfire prototype at the Auto Show and fall in love all over! Bought one 3 weeks later on Super Bowl Sunday while my wife was in church, Love it!!! Now that my back has decided to take a $%@* I need to get something more condusive to my condition, then comes the Auto Show this year and the SRT8, I am now more in Love than with the Crossfire, and the night sweats are just about all I can take!! Seeing your 300Cpictures makes me hope Chrysler will run triple shifts !! BTW for you young guys (I've be married for 31 years) it's the closest thing to a wet dream!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sharp!

That's gorgeous roaring mouse, thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
That looks very nice in the photos. I would love to see it in person so I could tell if it looked OEM or stuck on. What do you think? Does it look like factory applied trim?

Are you worried about the trim in the horn pad area (see below) coming off after repeated uses of the horn?

Thanks for posting the photos and your review! I'll have to seriously consider this modification.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts