Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy guys
im in the process of buying a 300c and a requirement is that it will have a sunroof
I am having significant difficulty finding the right car, but i wanted to know what the size of the oem sunroof is, my intention being to fit an aftermaket one
all i need to know is the size of the opening in the roof.. so open your roof and whip out a tape measure
Basically If the aftermarket one im looking at is bigger then an OEM one i will go ahead and buy one without the oem roof... as bigger sunroofs are better ;)
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
931 Posts
there are plenty of companies around that will cut the roof, and place an OEM sunroof in for you. over here in canada it runs about 1500$ parts and labour. which is about the same price you pay for the option at the dealer anyway.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just measured mine it is:

900mm Wide x 465mm Deep

Hope this helps mate :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just measured mine it is:

900mm Wide x 465mm Deep

Hope this helps mate :)
Thanks matey, thats exactly what i needed... its goin to be a tough decsision as the aftermarket roof i can get is 810X485.. shorter but wider...
Oem roof is the way to go me thinks
thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks matey, thats exactly what i needed... its goin to be a tough decsision as the aftermarket roof i can get is 810X485.. shorter but wider...
Oem roof is the way to go me thinks
thanks!
No probs mate, happy to help :biggrin:

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hey man don't get an aftermarket moonroof I did that once and I payed a lot for it too and it leaked all the time. You should not have a hard time at all finding an 300 with an moonroof, you mite end up paying about $500-$1000 more for one but it is well worth it. I never use my moonroof in my 300c.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man don't get an aftermarket moonroof I did that once and I payed a lot for it too and it leaked all the time. You should not have a hard time at all finding an 300 with an moonroof, you mite end up paying about $500-$1000 more for one but it is well worth it. I never use my moonroof in my 300c.
Thanks for the headsup man... ive had aftermarket sunroofs installed on a few of my cars before and ive never had a problem, unfortunately out here in aus the parts/wrecking side for the 300c is a little bit lacking :(

all surprises are in store and will be revealed in good time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts