Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks..
im currently own a Csrt8 2007 with the following mods ..

AFe stage2
Dynatechs Long Tubes w/ Gutted Flow cats
Magnaflow catback
Thermostat
Phelonic spacers
Diablo Tune

with these mods on a dynojet i dynoed over 400+ Rwhp and TQ ..

Now its cam time .. i have friends with 273's and 268's and no PPP's or FRI .. im welling to go with Springs too .... so your opinions are welcomed ..

Q

·
Registered
903 Posts
How do your friends like the 273? I've been thinking about that one myself. I'm hesitant to do springs though. Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with aftermarket springs/retainers not matching as good as stock and destroying their motor. According to the SRT engineers (I asked last session) the new mopar 392 heads have comp cam springs/retainers. I'm thinking it would be worth it to pony up the $2500 and buy the mopar heads that you know are done right, port and polished, 5 angle valve job...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd like to hear more on the your cam, and your friends cams. Those are the COMP cams correct?

I am starting to do some research now, but am a little baffled with so many options.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes sir they are comp cams ...
now we will have a 5.7 charger shove on some springs and a 268 cam :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
How do your friends like the 273? I've been thinking about that one myself. I'm hesitant to do springs though. Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with aftermarket springs/retainers not matching as good as stock and destroying their motor. According to the SRT engineers (I asked last session) the new mopar 392 heads have comp cam springs/retainers. I'm thinking it would be worth it to pony up the $2500 and buy the mopar heads that you know are done right, port and polished, 5 angle valve job...
for $2500 froM mopar can I then sell my heads?

What are they worth?

·
Registered
903 Posts
for $2500 froM mopar can I then sell my heads?

What are they worth?
You can always list your stock heads in the for sale section or on ebay. I've seen stock heads go for $500-$800 used. I'd rather keep the stockers though. If you're asking if there is a core charge...No. These are new heads from mopar.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
up ...

i spoke to james @Fri and he was an excellent help god u gotta love ppl like him . Thanx James ...

He recommended Lil Boy cam ..

The Littleboy is much more aggressive than the Comp 268 but remains very drivable. Its high lifts will take advantage of the full flow of worked heads.
Cam Specs and Requirements
  • 565/555 , 214,218 @ .050 , 114 LSA
SO far PPP only said get the race warrior and nothing else ..hope they reply soon ..

as for the 273 alot of ppl are recommending it but i still dont know what springs to go with

224/228 .547/.550 @ 114 - Hydraulic Roller - Needs Extended rev limit, requires modified computer and better exhaust, strongest power over 2500 RPM.

So help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts